SuperSprint headers

ECU Tuning | Premium Performance Parts | Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road

Moderators: Riz@Evolve, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Ben GT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: SuperSprint headers

Post by Ben GT » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Ant wrote:its nice and all that, but for me i don;t think the engine and power is the issue in a 130i, sort the suspension and diff and i think thats more than enough. if you want out and out power then i'd sell up and buy a 135i.

The supersprints are nice, but never cheap and if i'm honest i was never totally enamored with the quality vs price. i would suspect you could get a custom manifold made up for similar costs.

Also one other thing Ben, your car is nice to drive curently, but if you stick a motorsport manifold on it it wil change the car a lot, maybe not for the good. i speak from experience when i have done this to cars in the past, sometimes you lose that niceness when you tune it with race parts. Also my mate hated his M3 with supersprint manifold, it was way too loud and he only lasted a week before going back to stock.
I think I'm with you on this. Good in principal but don't want to take away from the machine as is. Also we are hitting are heads very hard into the N/A tuning wall of £100 per extra hp!
5 door 120D LCI ///M Sport + pack | Oyster Leather | Bum Toasters | Driver & Interior Comfort | Black Panel

Riz@Evolve

Post by Riz@Evolve » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Ant wrote:its nice and all that, but for me i don;t think the engine and power is the issue in a 130i, sort the suspension and diff and i think thats more than enough. if you want out and out power then i'd sell up and buy a 135i.

The supersprints are nice, but never cheap and if i'm honest i was never totally enamored with the quality vs price. i would suspect you could get a custom manifold made up for similar costs.

Also one other thing Ben, your car is nice to drive curently, but if you stick a motorsport manifold on it it wil change the car a lot, maybe not for the good. i speak from experience when i have done this to cars in the past, sometimes you lose that niceness when you tune it with race parts. Also my mate hated his M3 with supersprint manifold, it was way too loud and he only lasted a week before going back to stock.
A custom manifold that has no testing behind it wouldn't even come close to what SS does. Their manifolds have been proven world over to make very good power.

They actually have a dyno and will keep tweaking the design until it works.

With regards to noise this is more to do with the choice of rear exhaust.

We have E46 M3 with manifolds and full exhaust system using their street silencers and they are not loud at all.

The Evolve E60 M5 is running with manifolds and stock exhaust system. You would be hard pushed to tell the difference in sound inside the car.

As far as quality goes...

Yes I do agree NA tuning is expensive but some customers prefer NA over forced induction.
Evolve Automotive
T: +44 1582 584 000
E: sales (at) evolveautomotive.com
W: Europe http://www.evolveautomotive.com
W: USA: http://www.evolvetuning.com

GeeRam
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by GeeRam » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Riz@Evolve wrote: As far as quality goes...

Agree, I've not seen a SS exhaust/header for any car that I would describe as not first rate quality.

SS used to make the Hirsch exhausts that were the Saab Performance approved tuning parts for their cars, and they were beautifully made.
2017 X5 40d SE
Sold: 2011 E82 135i DCT The only Bluewater/Coral Red Leather 135i in the UK

Riz@Evolve

Post by Riz@Evolve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:45 am

GeeRam wrote:
Riz@Evolve wrote: As far as quality goes...

Agree, I've not seen a SS exhaust/header for any car that I would describe as not first rate quality.

SS used to make the Hirsch exhausts that were the Saab Performance approved tuning parts for their cars, and they were beautifully made.
As well as Evolve, you can add Hamann, Carlsonn and ACS to the list of companies SS manufacture for.
Evolve Automotive
T: +44 1582 584 000
E: sales (at) evolveautomotive.com
W: Europe http://www.evolveautomotive.com
W: USA: http://www.evolvetuning.com

130bro
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by 130bro » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:26 pm

DFKMT wrote:Lol I could be wrong though I looked into these nearly two years ago. There is a bloke who made a set out of old m3 headers I believe if I find the email I got I will post it up here also check other forums as I'm sure some in South Africa have done this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but could you point me in the right direction regarding the guy who put the old M3 headers onto his 130i, I am trying to source headers but dont want to go up the supersprint route.
E87 130i M Sport - Le Mans Blue
19" Staggered Wheels - Depo 6000k headlights with yellow fogs - Custom Straight Pipe Exhaust
Next: Supersprint headers

DFKMT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DFKMT » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Unfortunately I don't have the email anymore but if I find the info later I will stick it up here.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
BMW M135i
Only Mod is a :D

Return to “Evolve”