Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Rich196, Lambster

timbo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: WARNING BIMMERCODE USERS

Post by timbo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 am

Matt-UK wrote:
timbo wrote:
andru wrote: I spoke with the connected drive team at BMW on Friday as I'm having the same problem as you with the site. They have a technical problem on their site at the moment and told me to try in a few days. I've kept trying but the error still comes up.
I have auto updates on mine for the UK but I still seem to be on 2015 maps that's why I want to manually update the whole of the system.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I updated mine manually a few months ago as I wanted the European maps updated as I'm driving down France. I downloaded the maps from connecteddrive when it was working. When I inserted the USB it didn't ask for an activation code it just started straight away.
Perhaps if you downloaded the maps from elsewhere (gpsunderground) you could do it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi. I wasn't aware you could manually download the maps? Mine is a July 16 and it still has the original maps..

Could you point me where I would download them since it doesn't seem to want to update itself

Thank you

It has updated my uk maps once since I got the car in September, but I wanted the European maps updated for my European trip. If you have the option you can download all the maps from bmw connecteddrive. If you don't have this option you should be able to find them on the internet, you would then need an fsc code which can be had for not a lot of money. This is what I used to do before the free updates.

5dr AW LCI Coral Leather Pro Nav Adaptive Auto

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am

Worrying thread, my vgate adapter is on its way from Amazon so was hoping to have a go with this, not sure now! :cry:
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Matt-UK

Post by Matt-UK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:30 pm

I wouldn't worry too much.. just make sure you follow the basic rules and not get too carried away .. oh and maybe get yourself a cable in case :)

I've not had any problems with Carly or Bimmercode, the only problem I had came about because i did what you are not supposed to do... and learnt the lesson on the way.
Regards
Matt
--------------------------
Current: 2016 M240i Estoril Blue
Previous: M6 Gran Coupe / M3

Schweppy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Schweppy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

So update to this...

BMW said that iDrive 5 can only be activated via USB activation code. They plugged in a usb stick and voila i have everything back to normal.
Current - EB M140i 3dr auto :mrgreen:

Past - Pre-LCI M135i manual, e81 118d, e85 Z4 3.0se, Golf iv R32, far too many RS Clios...

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Did you fess up to the coding or not?
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Schweppy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Schweppy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Definitely not! Lol
Current - EB M140i 3dr auto :mrgreen:

Past - Pre-LCI M135i manual, e81 118d, e85 Z4 3.0se, Golf iv R32, far too many RS Clios...

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

:lol:
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

F22_life

Post by F22_life » Thu May 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Having same issue. Headunit module is missing from bimmercode app. What is solution for this problem? Thanks

Return to “Coding/Software”