Folding mirrors vs. Total closure

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, marco_polo

Tim_C
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Folding mirrors vs. Total closure

Post by Tim_C » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Had a few tweaks made to my 2016 M135i now it’s out of warranty, one of which was to fold the mirrors on first click of the lock button.

This works successfully however I think it has been achieved by removing the delay on the total closure (ie windows and roof closing by holding down lock button). If I lock the car now with the windows open they close slightly.

While this isn’t a massive problem does anyone know if it is possible to have no delay on the mirrors but keep the delay on the rest of the total closure feature?

Many thanks.

M140iGuy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Folding mirrors vs. Total closure

Post by M140iGuy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Tim_C wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:10 pm
Had a few tweaks made to my 2016 M135i now it’s out of warranty, one of which was to fold the mirrors on first click of the lock button.

This works successfully however I think it has been achieved by removing the delay on the total closure (ie windows and roof closing by holding down lock button). If I lock the car now with the windows open they close slightly.

While this isn’t a massive problem does anyone know if it is possible to have no delay on the mirrors but keep the delay on the rest of the total closure feature?

Many thanks.
What did you use to code the car?

Tim_C
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tim_C » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:21 am

It was done remotely by BR Diagnostics.

Tim_C
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tim_C » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 am

M140iGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm
Tim_C wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Many thanks.
What did you use to code the car?
As above, it was done remotely but I cannot ask Wibbles now as he’s shut down the business.

He did advise me before going ahead that further support would have to be procured elsewhere as his closure was imminent when he did the work - hence asking here.

Return to “Coding/Software”