Coding Owners Map

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi guys, hope you're all good.

So i had a problem with my E87 PDC, water problem, basically couldn't be recovered from all the damage, so i bought a second one from eBay, but i think it needs to be coded to my car, i can see the ECU in IMPA like sensors voltage and stuff like that, but it doesn't make any sound when i come near the sensors, anyone near me that could help me code it please?

Thanks in advance!

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 20924
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: ENGLAND.

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Octavius » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:00 pm

If it was the same part number, which you hopefully bought, it should be plug and play.
If it’s the same it could be defective.
2018 Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Octavius wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:00 pm
If it was the same part number, which you hopefully bought, it should be plug and play.
If it’s the same it could be defective.
yeah i thought the same, that would be straight forward plug and play, but it doesn't look like, i've read in some other forums and stuff that some times its because its a newer model of PDC and it might be coded for a newer E87 model and that's why its not working in mine and just need to be coded, but then, i don't know, unfortunately not much of an expert in this :?

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 20924
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: ENGLAND.

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Octavius » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Is it exactly the same part no. Check it against your cars VIN number on www.realoem.com
2018 Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Octavius wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:14 pm
Is it exactly the same part no. Check it against your cars VIN number on www.realoem.com
So funny thing, checking the part numbers to see if they are there, and none of them are, not the one i had before, and not the one i have now... :? :?

so the one i had before that got water damaged is : 66.21-6 947 795
the one i bought now is : 66.21-6 982 402

:? :?

Fleng
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:28 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Fleng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 pm

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog

Punch your part number here
It will give you a replacement part number then search that and you will end up with about 10 compatible parts numbers

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:38 am

Fleng wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 pm
http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog

Punch your part number here
It will give you a replacement part number then search that and you will end up with about 10 compatible parts numbers
Hum it just said it was discontinued by the company... :? :? :?

Johag
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Johag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am

Try this in ncs expert:
Open "Expertmode" profile.
Select F1
Then F3
Choose E89
Then Select "Back".
Choose "Choose ECU".
Click PDC here.
Change job to "SG_Coderien".
Select "Execute Job".

If this doesn’t work it will be because the pdc unit is too new and only compatible with the newer headunit hence no sound.

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:00 am

Johag wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am
Try this in ncs expert:
Open "Expertmode" profile.
Select F1
Then F3
Choose E89
Then Select "Back".
Choose "Choose ECU".
Click PDC here.
Change job to "SG_Coderien".
Select "Execute Job".

If this doesn’t work it will be because the pdc unit is too new and only compatible with the newer headunit hence no sound.
Thanks for the reply, i need to get another NCS Expert for some reason mine doesn't show the E87 Chassis, just have apart from others E85/E89..
If you have any NCS expert Link for download that contain E87 Chassis it would be great!

Thanks for the help!

Johag
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Johag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:52 am

Choose e89 on chassis selection as there’s no e87

50pence
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by 50pence » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Miguelito wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm
Hi guys, hope you're all good.

So i had a problem with my E87 PDC, water problem, basically couldn't be recovered from all the damage, so i bought a second one from eBay, but i think it needs to be coded to my car, i can see the ECU in IMPA like sensors voltage and stuff like that, but it doesn't make any sound when i come near the sensors, anyone near me that could help me code it please?

Thanks in advance!
I replaced a water damaged PDC with a used one from eBay and it was plug and play. The car was a 2005 E87 120i Sport.
F20 M135i LCi, auto, adaptive suspension, adaptive LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, c/pack, elec folding mirrors etc
F55 Mini Cooper, man, LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, head-up display, active cruise, XL nav, elec folding mirrors etc

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Johag wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:52 am
Choose e89 on chassis selection as there’s no e87
So after i choose the E89 chassis it pops up a window with 3 options " CAS / FRM / NFRM "

Which one should i choose?

Sorry for anything, not used to use NCS.

and thanks for the help :mrgreen:

Johag
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Johag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Select cas this will read your vo as it’s your first time using ncs expert.when loaded click back then you can select pdc

Johag
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Johag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Sorry meant choose ecu not back then Select pdc

User avatar
Miguelito
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Miguelito » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Johag wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 pm
Sorry meant choose ecu not back then Select pdc
Thanks for your help, i'll have a look and i let you guys know.

Unfortunately what i have been reading in the forum and in another places i think the PDC i got it just not compatible, in other words, i think it is for example an e87 with the sensors sound coming from the speakers, instead of the separated PDC Speakers, so i think coding won't resolve the problem, and i will end up having to buy another PDC ! :oops: :oops:

Post Reply

Return to “Coding/Software”