No votes
OBDlink LX
No votes

Total votes: 0

Cameron

Best bimmercode scanner for a 2004-2007 BMW 1 series

Post by Cameron »

Hi all,
I have a BMW 120d, e87, 2005 and I have heard lots of good things about BimmerLink and BimmerCode on this forum.

There are 4 Bluetooth OBD readers compatible with my car according to the BimmerCode app:
-The Unicarscan UCSI-2000 Bluetooth OBD2
-OBDlink CX
-OBDlink MX+
-OBDlink LX

Firstly I was wondering which one is the best /(most value for money)?
And secondly would they all have the same depth of code reading within the app? Or would the more expensive MX+ be a lot better?

The current purpose of needing the reader would be to code in a new battery, find which abs sensor is throwing on my ABS light, reading some internal sensors related to the turbo and in future I would also like to use Bimmercode.

Unfortunately I have the Veepack OBDcheck BLE reader (which would work on the app for a bmw 1 series 2008-2013) however is not supported for my car and not many of the other apps can offer much more than a basic code read. So far the most depth I can read to is my MAF, intake temp, coolant temp sensors(hopefully Bimmerlink can go further?) If anyone has had luck with the Veepack OBD check BLE with a 2004-2007 1 series on a different app to the car scanner app they recommend that would also be very helpful to know.

Any help would be hugely appreciated :)
Thank you
BMW 120d (E87) 2005, M47 engine
MrHappy

Re: Best bimmercode scanner for a 2004-2007 BMW 1 series

Post by MrHappy »

I have an OBDlink CX but not an e87 unfortunately. I can say though it works fine on my F20 with bimmercode, if a little bit slow due to using BLE not wifi.

Don't buy it off UK amazon though, it's currently £96 on there which is insane. I bought mine from US amazon, it came within a couple of days and was half the price of the UK one, came direct from OBDlink as well. Currently £37 plus the shipping etc. I think it was about £45 in total when I ordered it.

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bimmerco ... 754&sr=8-5
2014 M135i

Return to “Coding/Software”