Help: E82 Coding Power Fold Mirrors not working?

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Mikesin

Help: E82 Coding Power Fold Mirrors not working?

Post by Mikesin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello

I have previously coded my car by myself before and everything has been working fine, i've got the angels eyes to no longer dip when headlights are on, fade in and fade off, coded out errors etc. etc.. all with the OBD Cable and a Laptop using NCS Expert so I know how to code somewhat, however it has always bugged me how I never got the mirrors to fold in and out using the fob and I never thought to ask here if anyone knew why this was.

So all the other codes work apart from this feature,
the codes :
ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

have all been made active (aktiv) so I don't know where i'm going wrong? The mirrors are electric (i think?) as I can control the mirrors left and right to change the view within the driver side door, but I do not have the button that power folds them in if thats the problem?

Can anyone help as I want this feature as it can be quite annoying to physically fold them in and fold them back out everytime. The car is a 61 Plate Coupe if thats any help.
118D E82 Coupe AW - EGR Delete, Remap | Gloss Black Double Slat Grills | Gloss Black Spoiler | Dark Lines | Android 7.1.2 System | White LED Speedometer and Interiors | Gloss Anthracite Wheels | Reiger Diffuser |

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Help: E82 Coding Power Fold Mirrors not working?

Post by Nottsknots » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Having electric adjustment motors doesnt mean you have power fold motors.

I think you answered your own question:
Mikesin wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:55 pm
I can control the mirrors left and right to change the view within the driver side door, but I do not have the button that power folds them in if thats the problem?
Plenty of useful info in here;
viewtopic.php?t=95881
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Nope. Sorry. Without the button on the drivers door there’ll be no power fold mirrors for you my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Mikesin

Post by Mikesin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 am

Nottsknots wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Mikesin wrote:
I can control the mirrors left and right to change the view within the driver side door, but I do not have the button that power folds them in if thats the problem?
viewtopic.php?t=95881
Twenny wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 pm
Nope. Sorry. Without the button on the drivers door there’ll be no power fold mirrors for you my friend.

Ah, thought the electric adjustment motors meant that I had power fold mirrors :lol: :lol: :oops:
So I literally would need to retrofit them with the control panel with the switch/button? Surely not everyone coincidentally had powerfold mirrors to begin with and the button and then wanted to code them :cry: Is this 100% I cant do it without the drivers door button? :cry: Are these mirrors I currently have 100% non powerfold?
118D E82 Coupe AW - EGR Delete, Remap | Gloss Black Double Slat Grills | Gloss Black Spoiler | Dark Lines | Android 7.1.2 System | White LED Speedometer and Interiors | Gloss Anthracite Wheels | Reiger Diffuser |

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 am

Mikesin wrote:
Nottsknots wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Mikesin wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=95881
Twenny wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Ah, thought the electric adjustment motors meant that I had power fold mirrors :lol: :lol: :oops:
So I literally would need to retrofit them with the control panel with the switch/button? Surely not everyone coincidentally had powerfold mirrors to begin with and the button and then wanted to code them :cry: Is this 100% I cant do it without the drivers door button? :cry: Are these mirrors I currently have 100% non powerfold?
100%. No button no fold. Sorry.

The button inside is what folds the mirrors.

Most people (myself included) could fold the mirrors from the button inside but not from the key fob. So coding was needed.

I have coded maybe a dozen cars with Carly to powerfold on the key fob with a 90% success rate (strangely some cars need the cable and E-Sys to go properly into the ECU)

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Return to “Coding/Software”