Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: M240i coding options

Post by Wibbles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Wes2811 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am
Hi Wibbles

Thanks for you reply. Have you any idea of approx cost as wondering if it is worth doing ? I have sourced seats at reasonable cost but not going to proceed as cost may outweigh advantages. Also not sure if it will invalidate warranty as car not yet 2 years old ?
Thanks
Les
Hi Les,

Anything you do to modify the car from standard will affect the warranty. that said, if you have an issue with the final drive unit it would be hard for the dealer to lay blame on the heated seats retrofit.

You have to weigh up the pro's & con's - are you keeping the car long term, is it on PCP/Finance - that can be a factor - if BMW FS get wind of modifications they potentially say you are breaking the contract you signed and ask for full payment of the balance on finance.

If you are ok with both of the above issues then crack on and get the seats retrofitted. Be careful who you use to retrofit them, there are many cowboys out there.

Cheers

Craig
Apple Carplay - £99 - BabyBMW Special offer!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Wes2811

Re: M240i coding options

Post by Wes2811 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi
Thanks Craig for your reply. I have decided to abandon the idea of installing electric seats as it does not seem worth the hassle. It seems to be a major job getting the wiring sorted & don’t want to put warranty in jeopardy
Thanks
Les

Return to “Coding/Software”