Confusion with Carly's Old app and New app

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

masai
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Confusion with Carly's Old app and New app

Post by masai » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:26 am

I paid for the full version a few years back and Im a bit confused as to what happens to my app since the new version on the App store was released. I upgraded the "Old" app now its 35.01 and downloaded the "New" app which is 35.0.0

Looks like for new customers they have to pay a yearly subscription for the new app.

I've emailed them for clarification is its not clear what old users need to do.
2013 Alpine White M135i

vded
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Confusion with Carly's Old app and New app

Post by vded » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:36 am

BMW F20 (2015) 116i M-Pack

rozel

Re: Confusion with Carly's Old app and New app

Post by rozel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 am

Yes I've read that but the website doesn't mention "how the Free upgrade will be rolled out" for ownwers of the Old Version. AFAIK Carly doesn't connect to the Internet - the website suggests we will be offered it through Carly - but how? Also will the new version bring with it additional features or is the "upgrade" just for Carly's benefit to offer more in-app purchases? I like Carly but I get really annoyed after a dealership software knocks out my codings and have to re-input them again, only to find last time around the "One-Touch Turn Signal" feature no longer works. Carly never tell you these things, you find out for yourself and when you contact them they say it will be fixed but never tell you when it has.
125D M Sport - 8 Speed Steptronic - Driver Comfort Package - Interior Comfort Package - M Sport + Package - Media Package - Professional - Folding Exterior Mirrors

Return to “Coding/Software”