Traction & Gearbox updates

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Georgej10

Traction & Gearbox updates

Post by Georgej10 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:31 pm

I've seen before that people have had traction, gearbox and various other software updates applied to their x35i's or x40i's via people who offer coding or dealers. Is there anybody here who has had these done? from the the reviews I have heard from people who have they seem to think the TC performs a lot better and the gearbox faster & smoother. My car is booked in to the dealers for an end of warranty check next week but knowing dealers they will say they know nothing about it or will want some money from me. Can anybody offer this service on here or shed some light how i can go about getting updates?

Thanks

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Traction & Gearbox updates

Post by Wibbles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:34 am

The updates will make a difference, the gearbox update will also delete the adaptations so the gearbox will learn your driving style again.

Be careful if you use a third party to do the updates remotely as if the connection drops you will end up with a bricked car.
Apple Carplay - £99 - BabyBMW Special offer!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Georgej10

Post by Georgej10 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks for the advice. Is this something that you can offer Wibbles as i've seen on here your the go to man for coding and the like or is it best to only go to a Dealer? I know DD coding offer it but I wouldn't trust him after hearing some of the stories from people.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Georgej10 wrote:Thanks for the advice. Is this something that you can offer Wibbles as i've seen on here your the go to man for coding and the like or is it best to only go to a Dealer? I know DD coding offer it but I wouldn't trust him after hearing some of the stories from people.
I only offer flashing if you come to me. Use a remote service with extreme caution or got to a dealer.
Apple Carplay - £99 - BabyBMW Special offer!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Georgej10

Post by Georgej10 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 am

I will send you a message mate

Return to “Coding/Software”