In for a penny...

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Iany
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

In for a penny...

Post by Iany » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 pm

So, just over two weeks into ownership and having read a LOT on coding (the easy stuff, nothing too taxing) I thought why not? I'm a bit of a geek so I downloaded Bimmercode and bought a vgate 2 WiFi OBD adaptor. How hard can it be?

Being honest, dead easy Took my time, I've only changed a couple of things so far, but it worked faultlessly. I now have digital speedo on the dash, puddle lights in reverse and no more annoying turn the dash lighting down and it alters the ambient levels

I'm having a long weekend this bank holiday, so will do some more, but so far, brilliant

Once again, my thanks to all who have posted before me

Sharrkey

Re: In for a penny...

Post by Sharrkey » Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm

I miss the digital Speedo reading on the 135 as I have it on the other 1 series, might look into this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil-D

Post by Neil-D » Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 am

Hi I’ve got this kit.
You’ve turned the dash brightness to auto"? Is that how I read it? Sounds a good option - how is that activated on BimmerCode?

timbo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by timbo » Wed May 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Neil-D wrote:Hi I’ve got this kit.
You’ve turned the dash brightness to auto"? Is that how I read it? Sounds a good option - how is that activated on BimmerCode?
No, what’s he’s done is to have the dash brightness independent of the ambient lighting. The standard operating is that ambient lighting is connected to the dash brightness, so if you turn the dash brightness down ambient lighting goes down with it. He has coded it so that ambient lighting stays at a level you set and the dash lighting can be turned up or down without affecting ambient lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5dr AW LCI Coral Leather Pro Nav Adaptive Auto

Iany
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Iany » Wed May 02, 2018 8:35 pm

What timbo said

I'm not one for overly bright dash lighting but like the ambients at a decent level.

Being honest there isn't a huge amount I want to change, but IMO it's worth the outlay for what I do

Neil-D

Post by Neil-D » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

I’m with you chaps - thanks for clarifying and think I’ll give that a go myself 👍

Return to “Coding/Software”