Best OBD tool for diagnostics and coding

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Jord_559
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Best OBD tool for diagnostics and coding

Post by Jord_559 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:07 pm

rob180bhp wrote:Cowls bought off ebay, now got to find a switch pack and my cables...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Lol when you find a cheap one show me! I find it a right pain to find the correct stalks without the auto wipers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob180bhp
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: RE: Re: Best OBD tool for diagnostics and coding

Post by rob180bhp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Jord_559 wrote:
rob180bhp wrote:Cowls bought off ebay, now got to find a switch pack and my cables...

Lol when you find a cheap one show me! I find it a right pain to find the correct stalks without the auto wipers!

Don't think I have seen any today without auto wipers

Just find the auction you want and be cheeky and make. An offer

E82 wide135i MHD stage 2/f30 brakes/meisterR/m3 everything / Vrsf
Instagram "rob180bhp"

Jord_559
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jord_559 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 pm

rob180bhp wrote:
Jord_559 wrote:

Don't think I have seen any today without auto wipers

Just find the auction you want and be cheeky and make. An offer

Yeah true.. I always keep my eye out for people who are breaking them that's sometimes not a bad option

jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jonwilli » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:58 pm

OK retried INPA today, the version I have (maybe they all are?) was in German which didn't help!! I ran what I thought (using Google translate) was the fault code reader but the codes that came up didn't look much like what I was expecting. From what I read it appears DIS may be more helpful as its in English?

I also tried running loading INPA, NCS etc from the Cable shack DVD onto My Boot Camp on my Mac and it was having none of it?! I think I'll have to load DIS onto my girlfriends laptop tomorrow and see how it goes. I think it is the diagnosis and fault code clearing that will be most useful. I have now retrofitted most of the parts I may need to code...other than a new battery whenever that occurs.

For the price may have to give a cheeky offer on the reader Dan123d is using...

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:34 pm

jonwilli wrote:OK retried INPA today, the version I have (maybe they all are?) was in German which didn't help!! I ran what I thought (using Google translate) was the fault code reader but the codes that came up didn't look much like what I was expecting. From what I read it appears DIS may be more helpful as its in English?

I also tried running loading INPA, NCS etc from the Cable shack DVD onto My Boot Camp on my Mac and it was having none of it?! I think I'll have to load DIS onto my girlfriends laptop tomorrow and see how it goes. I think it is the diagnosis and fault code clearing that will be most useful. I have now retrofitted most of the parts I may need to code...other than a new battery whenever that occurs.

Why don't you just accept my offer of help, I can get an English version of INPA up and running on your PC in less than 30 minutes.

You have all the gear, no need to buy another fault codes reader.
BR Diagnostics & Retrofits
Apple Carplay - ONLY £89 - BabyBMW Special offer!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

mauricegb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mauricegb » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:38 am

There's an English version?!

Wibbles you mentioned Windows 10, does that mean it runs on 64 bit Windows? I've also got a Macbook bootcamped but on a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and German INPA. It's OK but not easy sometimes

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:48 am

mauricegb wrote:There's an English version?!

Wibbles you mentioned Windows 10, does that mean it runs on 64 bit Windows? I've also got a Macbook bootcamped but on a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and German INPA. It's OK but not easy sometimes
Drop me a PM
BRD on Facebook

jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jonwilli » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Wibbles wrote:
jonwilli wrote:OK retried INPA today, the version I have (maybe they all are?) was in German which didn't help!! I ran what I thought (using Google translate) was the fault code reader but the codes that came up didn't look much like what I was expecting. From what I read it appears DIS may be more helpful as its in English?

Why don't you just accept my offer of help, I can get an English version of INPA up and running on your PC in less than 30 minutes.

A BIG thank you to Wibbles. He kindly gave up an hour of his time last night to set up an English version of INPA and NCS on my MacBook. Really rare these days to find someone to donate their precious free time to almost a complete stranger, absolutely top bloke! I now have a more usable version of INPA and he has saved me shelling out for a Carly App or an eBay data reader. Thanks again!!

Wibbles

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Best OBD tool for diagnostics and coding

Post by Wibbles » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:15 pm

jonwilli wrote:
Wibbles wrote:

A BIG thank you to Wibbles. He kindly gave up an hour of his time last night to set up an English version of INPA and NCS on my MacBook. Really rare these days to find someone to donate their precious free time to almost a complete stranger, absolutely top bloke! I now have a more usable version of INPA and he has saved me shelling out for a Carly App or an eBay data reader. Thanks again!!
You're welcome Jon.
BRD on Facebook

Return to “Coding/Software”