Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

Post by wenklaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 pm

OneTwenty wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:25 pm
ASD back to normal now, left it an hour or so and when I went back out it was back on the menu so just put it all back to how it was, hopefully that will fix it.

Strange on the id6 option though, I've found the HMI_VERSION in head unit now, but it only lists id4_plus_plus and id5, no option for id6. :?

Car is a Sept 16 build with pro nav and id5 as std.
ASD if you screw it up can be restored immediately by unplugging the cable connection in the cubby hole in the left hand side of the boot to the com box and then plug it back in, ignition off all the time.

I found it tricky to find ID6 lite but did in the end, I will have a hunt for it.

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 pm

wenklaw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 pm
OneTwenty wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:25 pm
ASD back to normal now, left it an hour or so and when I went back out it was back on the menu so just put it all back to how it was, hopefully that will fix it.

Strange on the id6 option though, I've found the HMI_VERSION in head unit now, but it only lists id4_plus_plus and id5, no option for id6. :?

Car is a Sept 16 build with pro nav and id5 as std.
ASD if you screw it up can be restored immediately by unplugging the cable connection in the cubby hole in the left hand side of the boot to the com box and then plug it back in, ignition off all the time.

I found it tricky to find ID6 lite but did in the end, I will have a hunt for it.
Thanks, but just went outside and managed to find it now. :)

I found HMI_VERSION and assumed that was it, but on second look if you go a bit further down you can then see HMI_ID_VERSION which is where the id6_lte option is. Just coded it and it's working fine, looks good actually. :)
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

jassi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by jassi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:58 am

Long shot but thought I will ask here. BMW has disabled apps when driving due to Australian laws, as an unfortunate result Spotify is disabled while driving. It will play music if you start it fully parked but once you start driving, can't see the app, go to next/previous track, or like songs! Is there a setting in bimmercode which will re-enable apps in motion or when driving?

Another casualty of this silliness, is reading out aloud messages when driving. Messages can only be seen in fully parked mode (handbrake and P) and since the read it aloud icon is now in message chat view, you can't even get them to be read out aloud anymore! Pretty useless and BMW Australia doesn't seem to wanna fix it. If I'm parked already (i.e. reached home or work), might as well pick up my phone and read messages. Not going to sit in the car and listen to messages! Fwiw messages could be read out aloud till 2014 BMW's, after that they disabled it!
Any idea if some coding might help or perhaps change to id6 lite.

I'm in a 2016 m140i and our Aussie m140i come fully loaded with pro nav, EBT et al.
Aussie M140i 5 door with mpe and underbody brace, warranty friendly
Aussie NZ M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Have a look here. You'll have to use expert mode though. You need to remove the speedlocks.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1103696
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpo ... ostcount=3
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth, office function and 8.8" screen coded via bimmercode app.

jassi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by jassi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 pm

^^ thanks didn't look like people got Spotify working on those threads, but maybe messages might work with one of those settings :-)
Can these settings be changed via bimmercode or need esys? I still haven't decided which way to go - was keen on bimmercode!
Aussie M140i 5 door with mpe and underbody brace, warranty friendly
Aussie NZ M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am

jassi wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 pm
^^ thanks didn't look like people got Spotify working on those threads, but maybe messages might work with one of those settings :-)
Can these settings be changed via bimmercode or need esys? I still haven't decided which way to go - was keen on bimmercode!
It's all in the expert mode.
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth, office function and 8.8" screen coded via bimmercode app.

Japper69
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Japper69 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Managed to easily code off the traction and dsc pop up warnings on screen on my M140i business nav unit, however the same process was not effective on my M2?

Now M2 has in car option to turn off warnings for sport and sport+ so only wanted traction and dsc part disabling.

Anyone know why it doesn't work on M2?
M140i 5dr Manual, white - 'The van'
M2 DCT Mineral Grey - 'The beast'

JamesHS
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JamesHS » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 am

Hi does anyone know where I can check what headunit I have with the app.

Looking to do a screen upgrade but need to know if I have the HU_EntryNav or HU_Entry?

Cheers
EB F21 M135i
Modifications: M performance Exhaust, BCS Sports Cat, M performance grilles, Alcantara Perfromance Steering Wheel, Carbon 3D Design Spoiler, M4 Style Mirrors, GAZP Rear Diffusser, Bilstein B14 Coilovers
To come: Remap

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:52 pm

JamesHS wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 am
Hi does anyone know where I can check what headunit I have with the app.

Looking to do a screen upgrade but need to know if I have the HU_EntryNav or HU_Entry?

Cheers
If you have business nav you have entry nav if you don't have nav at all you have HU_Entry.

RollingSlyStone

Post by RollingSlyStone » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Does anyone else wish it was easier to find definitive information on how to enable Bluetooth Audio streaming for their BMW's using Bimmercode?

I have a 2014 520d with business nav, SOS and a combox so I know it is possible on my car - I just wish I could find out if it can be done using Bimmercode or whether I'm going to have to go down the e-sys route and teach myself to code using that! I've even emailed Stephan, the app developer, and he can not say for definite.

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm

RollingSlyStone wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm
Does anyone else wish it was easier to find definitive information on how to enable Bluetooth Audio streaming for their BMW's using Bimmercode?

I have a 2014 520d with business nav, SOS and a combox so I know it is possible on my car - I just wish I could find out if it can be done using Bimmercode or whether I'm going to have to go down the e-sys route and teach myself to code using that! I've even emailed Stephan, the app developer, and he can not say for definite.
Have you checked the settings on page 14 I think it is of this thread?

RollingSlyStone

Post by RollingSlyStone » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Plantjuk wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm
RollingSlyStone wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Have you checked the settings on page 14 I think it is of this thread?
Yeah, I saw those settings (pages 13-14ish) but they seem to refer to NBT head units as the code all starts with NBT. Mine isn't an NBT unit 😔

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Got my i car 2 adaptor today. Nothing showing in my wifi or Bluetooth settings on my phone.

Adaptor just has a red light for power.

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Press the on off button on the dongle

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Plantjuk wrote:Press the on off button on the dongle
Tried it. Nothing happens.

Return to “Coding/Software”