Post by Zilla91 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Ezzra wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:20 pm
bimmerfan82 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm
Ezzra wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Absolute nonsense.
:D suit yourself. Ignorance is bliss, as the proverb says.
I'm sure it is. But I've spent the last twenty years as Head of Economic Strategy at one of the investment banks, so I wouldn't know :)
So how much do you and your mates in the city stand to make from a no deal Brexit?

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: BMW UK Statement regarding BREXIT

Post by Ezzra » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:42 am

Zilla91 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 pm
Ezzra wrote:
bimmerfan82 wrote:

I'm sure it is. But I've spent the last twenty years as Head of Economic Strategy at one of the investment banks, so I wouldn't know :)
So how much do you and your mates in the city stand to make from a no deal Brexit?
No one knows until after the event. Just remember that your pension fund size is determined by how successful 'my mates' are :)
"You cannot sedate, all that you hate".

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:44 am

bimmerfan82 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:58 pm
Ezzra wrote:
bimmerfan82 wrote:

Brilliant. Not a single strategy piece from investment banks has come out saying no-deal Brexit be a non-event. Citi just said today we've lost estimated £60BN in output since the referendum. That's just the beginning.
Indeed. Chaos makes money. If remoaners had accepted the referendum result, we'd be out now .

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 pm

The Government won’t even accept we voted to leave. Cameron fecked off as soon as because the vote didn’t go his way.
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Octavius wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 pm
The Government won’t even accept we voted to leave. Cameron fecked off as soon as because the vote didn’t go his way.
And you thought the UK was a democracy...

Mr Whippy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Whippy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Ezzra wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:42 am
Zilla91 wrote:
Ezzra wrote:

Just remember that your pension fund size is determined by how successful 'my mates' are :)
Welllll.

Let’s not go over simplifying things top much.

In aggregate, investors make more money when the underlying economy is doing well. And don’t when it’s not.

And your friends the actuaries envision investors doing a sh*te job for decades to come, given their forecasts.

So probably not much about how successful your mates are, but how successful society is as a whole.
130i LE - exhaust flap mod - ssk & bmwp & M3 gbox mounts - bmwp handbrake - bmwp steering surround - camber pin mod - cdv delete - koni SA & bmwp front bump & koni rear bump

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Mr Whippy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm
Ezzra wrote:
Zilla91 wrote:

Just remember that your pension fund size is determined by how successful 'my mates' are :)
Welllll.

In aggregate, investors make more money when the underlying economy is doing well. And don’t when it’s not.

And your friends the actuaries envision investors doing a sh*te job for decades to come, given their forecasts.

So probably not much about how successful your mates are, but how successful society is as a whole.
Far to much of a simplification. If you're prepared to ride the risk, you can make large sums of money in volatile markets. I personally make a lot of money on the referendum result, and the devaluation of sterling. BUT, you have to be prepared to take the losses when they come as it's a high risk game. Think Baring Brothers in 1995 when Nick Leeson brought the bank down over a derivative 'bet' that he lost. £800 million lost. If he'd been discovered one day later his bet would have come off....

Mr Whippy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Whippy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:18 pm

I agree on individual investments.

Exactly why I like SIPPs.
130i LE - exhaust flap mod - ssk & bmwp & M3 gbox mounts - bmwp handbrake - bmwp steering surround - camber pin mod - cdv delete - koni SA & bmwp front bump & koni rear bump

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Mr Whippy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:18 pm
I agree on individual investments.

Exactly why I like SIPPs.
Everyone should have one.

bimmerfan82

Post by bimmerfan82 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:51 am

Ezzra wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Mr Whippy wrote:
Ezzra wrote:

Welllll.

Far to much of a simplification. If you're prepared to ride the risk, you can make large sums of money in volatile markets. I personally make a lot of money on the referendum result, and the devaluation of sterling. BUT, you have to be prepared to take the losses when they come as it's a high risk game. Think Baring Brothers in 1995 when Nick Leeson brought the bank down over a derivative 'bet' that he lost. £800 million lost. If he'd been discovered one day later his bet would have come off....
You've made my point brilliantly. There is a very small sliver of the population - those who know how to bet against the UK, against the pound, etc, those who have murky cash that will no longer be subject to EU-imposed money laundering regulations, those who know how to skillfully play the markets - who will benefit from Brexit. There remaining 65 million of normal UK citizens will be a lot worse off. Brexit will benefit the super-rich, it will hurt the middle-class, the poor. Even the "marginally rich" will be hurt.

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 am

bimmerfan82 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:51 am
those who have murky cash that will no longer be subject to EU-imposed money laundering regulations, those who know how to skillfully play the markets - who will benefit from Brexit.
Yep, pretty much why certain members of parliament have been so pro-Brexit. They will continue to make tons of cash from their shady dealing and they are happy to watch the rest of the country burn.
2017 M140i

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:58 pm

bimmerfan82 wrote:
Ezzra wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Mr Whippy wrote:

Welllll.

You've made my point brilliantly. There is a very small sliver of the population - those who know how to bet against the UK, against the pound, etc, those who have murky cash that will no longer be subject to EU-imposed money laundering regulations, those who know how to skillfully play the markets - who will benefit from Brexit. There remaining 65 million of normal UK citizens will be a lot worse off. Brexit will benefit the super-rich, it will hurt the middle-class, the poor. Even the "marginally rich" will be hurt.
Nothing murky about it. Your pension fund uses financial instruments. Like most people that don't understand the market, you revert into full John McDonnell mode. And he likes the IRA.

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Barney McGrew wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 am
bimmerfan82 wrote:
those who have murky cash that will no longer be subject to EU-imposed money laundering regulations, those who know how to skillfully play the markets - who will benefit from Brexit.
Yep, pretty much why certain members of parliament have been so pro-Brexit. They will continue to make tons of cash from their shady dealing and they are happy to watch the rest of the country burn.
Again. You're patently exhibiting a lack of understanding of the financial instrument market, so you default into that time old mode of jealousy.

Zilla91

Post by Zilla91 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:44 pm

That pension pot won’t be of much use when you’ve lost your job off the back of Brexit.

sohagan857

Post by sohagan857 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 am

robsta555 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 am
What have you done Tony :lol:
Tony?

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”