Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis, TRL

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: M2 Competition STOCK CARS FOR SEPTEMBER DELIVERY

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:01 am

racey1979 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:50 pm
When is the best time to chop in and start another PCP ? I am just over 2 years into a 4 year PCP contract on my m240i but I so want the M2C.
It depends on how large your deposit was and the depreciation of the car. Usually you can VT the car around 36 month or sell the car with only a small short fall between the selling price and settlement figure.

Call BMW finance to find out your settlement figure or how many monthly payments until you can VT.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

racey1979
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by racey1979 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:59 am

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:01 am
racey1979 wrote:
When is the best time to chop in and start another PCP ? I am just over 2 years into a 4 year PCP contract on my m240i but I so want the M2C.
It depends on how large your deposit was and the depreciation of the car. Usually you can VT the car around 36 month or sell the car with only a small short fall between the selling price and settlement figure.

Call BMW finance to find out your settlement figure or how many monthly payments until you can VT.
Thank you. It would be at least a year before I could consider it tbh so will wait for now, I put £4k down originally. Im just hoping they don't stop making them and it's too late though think I read EOP was June 2021 for the m2c. Im just not at all confident I will like the replacement as I hate the way BMW are going styling wise.
F22 67 M240i MG, Coral, Birds B2, MP Kit, HK, Pro Media
E91 59 335d Space Grey Emaps 350 BHP 710 nm (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Renault Clio 16 Valve
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by as7920 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Work out how much you have left to pay and when you can VT using this calculator:

https://www.themoneycalculator.com/vehi ... alculator/

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 am

racey1979 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:59 am
Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:01 am
racey1979 wrote:

Thank you. It would be at least a year before I could consider it tbh so will wait for now, I put £4k down originally. Im just hoping they don't stop making them and it's too late though think I read EOP was June 2021 for the m2c. Im just not at all confident I will like the replacement as I hate the way BMW are going styling wise.
Good. There will be M2 in June 2021.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

Speedychuck
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Speedychuck » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 pm

I came on to this forum with the hope of messaging you about an M2C but the post is already here.

Why are BMW offering such huge contributions on new cars? (is this normal for BMW or are these cars hard to sell?) Is the market massively saturated with M2's? I was hoping to buy as an investment, similar to a 1M, but I presume this won't be the case with these. In 4 years, will it be worth 23k?
'09 AW N54 135i - CIC - Logic 7 HiFi - MHD Stage2+ 98 - Wagner Evo 1 Performance I/C - VRSF Intakes - STC downpipes - 550i Clutch - BMWP Mirrors / Diffuser / Grilles / Skirts / Y-Pipe - SSDD Spoiler
12.9sec 1/4 mile @ 112mph - Santa Pod

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Speedychuck wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 pm
I came on to this forum with the hope of messaging you about an M2C but the post is already here.

Why are BMW offering such huge contributions on new cars? (is this normal for BMW or are these cars hard to sell?) Is the market massively saturated with M2's? I was hoping to buy as an investment, similar to a 1M, but I presume this won't be the case with these. In 4 years, will it be worth 23k?
Contributions on bimmers are high across the range whether it's an 118d or an M8 Grancoupe. None of them are exempt for heavy depreciation. The M4 GTS and M1 are outliers because of their very small production UK numbers.

I discourage you from buying a BMW as an investment unless you plan to buy an M2 Comp and not put any miles on it for 10-20 years.
Cars:

racey1979
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by racey1979 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:57 pm

I agree with the above, it's not going to be another 1M. The only way you might make money, imo, was if you was to buy one and stick in in storage for a very long time. If it's just as an investment why not look at something like a mint low-mile e46 M3 ?
F22 67 M240i MG, Coral, Birds B2, MP Kit, HK, Pro Media
E91 59 335d Space Grey Emaps 350 BHP 710 nm (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Renault Clio 16 Valve
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 pm

The M2 Comp won’t be an investment for a very very long time (if ever) due to the volumes they have been made in. The 1M has only really recently started to soften price wise having held its value for so well due to limited numbers.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

Speedychuck
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Speedychuck » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 am

Thanks for your replies guys. So putting investment aside (I still love this car and am going to buy one regardless). The market does look very saturated with m2 comps. There are 100+ nearly new/brand new cars on autotrader which are slipping towards the price of the basic m2.

How do you think things will go with these cars? If they don’t move, will prices drop until they find a point people are willing to pay for them? Or will dealers just hold the cars until they sell? I obviously want to get the best deal I can, so do I wait 6 months to see what happens first? I know none of you have crystal balls but I am presuming you are more experienced than I am in buying new cars, so your opinions are appreciated.
'09 AW N54 135i - CIC - Logic 7 HiFi - MHD Stage2+ 98 - Wagner Evo 1 Performance I/C - VRSF Intakes - STC downpipes - 550i Clutch - BMWP Mirrors / Diffuser / Grilles / Skirts / Y-Pipe - SSDD Spoiler

Gary_LB
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Gary_LB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 am

The car market is slow at the moment and I don’t see that changing much in the short term.

Why buy new? I’d keep an eye on the used cars on auto trader and push hard on a couple that have been siting on the forecourt for a while. If financing negotiate on the finance rate or shop around. I bought mine 9 months old with just under 3k on the clock and it was far cheaper than buying new.

It’s a standard production M car at the end of the day so will always take a hit on depreciation, you just want to limit that as much as you can

Trust me when I say you will love the car though, it’s well worth the investment

Good luck!!
Now - 2018 M2 Competition, LBB, DCT.
Then - Audi S4 Black Edition, M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am

Speedychuck wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 am
Thanks for your replies guys. So putting investment aside (I still love this car and am going to buy one regardless). The market does look very saturated with m2 comps. There are 100+ nearly new/brand new cars on autotrader which are slipping towards the price of the basic m2.

How do you think things will go with these cars? If they don’t move, will prices drop until they find a point people are willing to pay for them? Or will dealers just hold the cars until they sell? I obviously want to get the best deal I can, so do I wait 6 months to see what happens first? I know none of you have crystal balls but I am presuming you are more experienced than I am in buying new cars, so your opinions are appreciated.
The choices are simple.

If you want a new M2 then buy a new M2.

If you want to save money, buy a nearly new or used one. The more mileage it's done, the more money you will save.
Cars:

resolve10
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by resolve10 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am
The choices are simple.

If you want a new M2 then buy a new M2.

If you want to save money, buy a nearly new or used one. The more mileage it's done, the more money you will save.
That's a bit of an over-simplification if you don't mind me saying.

Lots of other variables at play, particularly if financing. Even if you're paying cash, sometimes it may be prudent to take the dealer finance and pay it off to get the contributions.

My last two car purchases couldn't have been more different. Late 2016 I was in the market for a diesel Focus ST - it was coming up to the end of the production and the deals were keen, I ended up buying a new one through CarWow for just under £22k at 2.9% APR. The same dealer I collected from had a similar spaced 1 year old one on the forecourt. When I did some quick sums, it would have been more expensive to buy the used one than the new one!

When I replaced the Focus with the M2 last year, there was no way I could afford a brand new one. In the end I bought one at 18 months old but had to push really hard to get the APR down to 4.9% - this made a huge difference to the bottom line price over their original offer, which I think was around 9.9%.

Whichever way you buy an M2, it isn't going to be a cheap car. Just spend some time weighing up options and make sure it's the right deal for you.

Speedychuck
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Speedychuck » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 am

Thanks again for your replies. Its giving me some good ideas and things to think about. I can’t afford to buy the car without some kind of finance- resolve makes a good point above about taking finance and paying it off to get a better deal. One of my purchase options would have been paying a lump and taking a loan for the rest. Effectively a cash purchase. I thought this would leave me able to negotiate a better deal, but I guess not!!

Gary- how do you find yours? I want my wife to be able to use this as well, and she hated the 135i because of lack of grip and the manual box. I’d be going for a dct same as you. It’ll actually be a 3rd or even 4th car, so hopefully a fair weather machine but I’d still like to know how it is in the wet anyway. Cooper bmw in Norwich have been “trying to find me a car to test drive” for a lover two weeks now, and I’m back away with work for a couple of weeks soon so it’ll be a while before I get to make my own opinions.

Last m car I had was an e36 evo convertible. That was almost 18 years ago!! I’m looking forward to having another.

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:17 am

Speedychuck wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 am
I want my wife to be able to use this as well, and she hated the 135i because of lack of grip and the manual box. I’d be going for a dct same as you. It’ll actually be a 3rd or even 4th car, so hopefully a fair weather machine but I’d still like to know how it is in the wet anyway.
Unlike the M135i the M2 comes with and LSD from factory. This improves grip, stability under load and predictability in handling.

However both cars comes with performance tyres such as Michelin pilot super sport which are amazing on dry roads, especially when it's warm. The downside is that they are not Great on wet roads during winter or on frosty roads. If you feather the throttle according to conditions then you will be fine.

If cold weather performance is important than buying a set of all weather Michelin pilot 4S are a no brainer.

A loaner for a few days will also go a long way to let you evaluate the DCT as it doesn't operate like a traditional manual. I also recommend driving the new M135i xDrive for perspective.
Cars:

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”