BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

New sponsor coming soon.............

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Nige BCS

Post Reply
User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6339
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by sootyvrs » Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Chazclark wrote:What's the difference between version 1 and two?
Version 1
Image

Version 2
Image
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Chazclark
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1479
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: Ashford, Kent

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Chazclark » Fri May 02, 2014 9:54 pm

What does that do to sound? I like loud lol is there choice on the GB between the two.or.just version 2
M135I gone but not forgotten
cirrus white A45 AMG now here

axisofunity
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by axisofunity » Sat May 03, 2014 7:38 am

Version one on my car. Symmetrical and sexy :)

New one looks top quality, but glad you made the older style :)
M135i (Alpine white with Coral red leather) - HK audio, Adaptive suspension, DCP front & rear, SPP, Black panel, Lumbar, Auto.

Anth.S
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:20 am
Location: Teesside

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Anth.S » Sat May 03, 2014 8:58 am

If the group buy goes ahead I'd much prefer the version 1, symmetrical style looks better in my opinion. :)

SimonH
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by SimonH » Sat May 03, 2014 9:03 am

Hi Nige,
Could i ask where the pick up for the vacuum is, for the diaphragm, is taken from, to open the valve ?. Is the standard valve not electrically operated ?, so i now understand that the valve is boost/vacuum operated, and this relates to the loudness of exhaust note ?. Ive read that back a few times, and i only just understand that question myself, as its not written very well :lol: , thankyou, SIMON.

User avatar
Nige BCS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: Haydock
Contact:

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Nige BCS » Sat May 03, 2014 10:18 am

The Gen 2 system has been developed to accomodate the option to have differing size tail pipes and to also allow the system to fit the 235i - power and sound is balanced to the same output as the Gen 1 system.
Cheers
Nige
Image

User avatar
Nige BCS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: Haydock
Contact:

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Nige BCS » Sat May 03, 2014 12:20 pm

SimonH wrote:Hi Nige,
Could i ask where the pick up for the vacuum is, for the diaphragm, is taken from, to open the valve ?. Is the standard valve not electrically operated ?, so i now understand that the valve is boost/vacuum operated, and this relates to the loudness of exhaust note ?. Ive read that back a few times, and i only just understand that question myself, as its not written very well :lol: , thankyou, SIMON.
Hi Simon
The exhaust variable tone and power is boost (not vacuum) actuated. Boost pressure is harvested from the boost sensor on the boost pipe before the inlet manifold - via a unique take off spacer that we have developed.



Cheers
Nige
Image

Chazclark
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1479
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: Ashford, Kent

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Chazclark » Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 pm

So there is wiring to engine bay involved? Is there anywhere in the south east anyone could recommend to install this? Wouldn't trust the guy in my local with something this complex.
M135I gone but not forgotten
cirrus white A45 AMG now here

User avatar
Nige BCS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: Haydock
Contact:

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Nige BCS » Sat May 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Chazclark wrote:So there is wiring to engine bay involved? Is there anywhere in the south east anyone could recommend to install this? Wouldn't trust the guy in my local with something this complex.
Not wiring - more like plumbing :D
Fitting instructions are provided - any competent MVT will be able to complete the install, we've made it virtually plug and play...
Cheers
Nige
Image

SimonH
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by SimonH » Sat May 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Nige BCS wrote:
SimonH wrote:Hi Nige,
Could i ask where the pick up for the vacuum is, for the diaphragm, is taken from, to open the valve ?. Is the standard valve not electrically operated ?, so i now understand that the valve is boost/vacuum operated, and this relates to the loudness of exhaust note ?. Ive read that back a few times, and i only just understand that question myself, as its not written very well :lol: , thankyou, SIMON.
Hi Simon
The exhaust variable tone and power is boost (not vacuum) actuated. Boost pressure is harvested from the boost sensor on the boost pipe before the inlet manifold - via a unique take off spacer that we have developed.



Cheers
Nige
Thanks Nige for the explanation.
So, is the standard wiring, to the standard valve, just folded up, and tucked out of the way, and left redundant ?, then the boost pipework is fed underneath the car, to the take off point you have developed ?. Thanks for answering all the questions, my car has still only done 500 miles atm, but if im to go for the uprated exhaust, im almost sure it will be yours, regards, SIMON.

User avatar
Nige BCS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: Haydock
Contact:

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Nige BCS » Sat May 03, 2014 3:00 pm

SimonH wrote:
Nige BCS wrote:
SimonH wrote:Hi Nige,
Could i ask where the pick up for the vacuum is, for the diaphragm, is taken from, to open the valve ?. Is the standard valve not electrically operated ?, so i now understand that the valve is boost/vacuum operated, and this relates to the loudness of exhaust note ?. Ive read that back a few times, and i only just understand that question myself, as its not written very well :lol: , thankyou, SIMON.
Hi Simon
The exhaust variable tone and power is boost (not vacuum) actuated. Boost pressure is harvested from the boost sensor on the boost pipe before the inlet manifold - via a unique take off spacer that we have developed.



Cheers
Nige
Thanks Nige for the explanation.
So, is the standard wiring, to the standard valve, just folded up, and tucked out of the way, and left redundant ?, then the boost pipework is fed underneath the car, to the take off point you have developed ?. Thanks for answering all the questions, my car has still only done 500 miles atm, but if im to go for the uprated exhaust, im almost sure it will be yours, regards, SIMON.
Yes Simon that's correct the original power feed to the electonic actuator is disconnected, bagged and cable tied securely out of the way.
Cheers
Nige
Image

platinum70
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 12:05 am

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by platinum70 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 pm

I promised my good lady no mod's with this car!! Well no exhaust anyway. Milltek have had plenty of my cash. Have heard very good things about BCS. It was purely logistics that made me use Milltek again on my Golf Edition 35. But it did suffer from drone at times so any exhaust mod's will be BCS this time.....
MG M140i, auto, 5dr, pro nav, all packs, big smiles.....

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 8713
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon May 05, 2014 7:14 am

Nige BCS wrote:The Gen 2 system has been developed to accomodate the option to have differing size tail pipes and to also allow the system to fit the 235i - power and sound is balanced to the same output as the Gen 1 system.
Cheers
Nige
Nige

For version2, with power valve open, the right hand tailpipe looks like its full bore ie 3" bypass effectively making it a single exit system at full chat.

Is this correct?

Probably sounds and flows better than version1?

BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

User avatar
Nige BCS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: Haydock
Contact:

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Nige BCS » Tue May 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Nige BCS wrote:The Gen 2 system has been developed to accomodate the option to have differing size tail pipes and to also allow the system to fit the 235i - power and sound is balanced to the same output as the Gen 1 system.
Cheers
Nige
Nige

For version2, with power valve open, the right hand tailpipe looks like its full bore ie 3" bypass effectively making it a single exit system at full chat.

Is this correct?

Probably sounds and flows better than version1?

BP
Thats correct...
also, for the guys worrying about the look from the back of the car, we have positioned the rear silencer a full 50mm higher than the BMW unit - making it all but invisible unless you get down really low.

Image
The new system is also lighter.
Cheers
Nige
Image

Eloise2011
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am

Re: BCS Powervalve Exhaust Group buy M135i and M235i

Post by Eloise2011 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 am

Hi nige
Have sent you a separate pm message
Please put me down for m135i cat back system

Post Reply

Return to “BCS Automotive Limited”