Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: BMW discount for MP Coilovers - group buy

Post by YaoNg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am

BishUK wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:44 pm
Guys, just a quick note to say I had my "group buy" Coils fitted by Rybrook Warwick last week - wow! Moving from the Eibachs to the coils is (as you would expect) totally different league, car feels like its has all four of its wheels nailed to the floor, and the ride way surpasses that of the Eibachs (more even, more subtle and I would actually go as far as to say, more comfortable). I was a little apprehensive being the guinea pig (although the dealership had fitted coils on M4 prior, they hadn't done an M2 to date) but they did a stellar job and I couldn't be happier. The M technician that fitted the coils was so impressed with the ride and feel that he's getting them for his own M2. The job is a full day's work and includes up to 90mins of KDS II alignment and also please note, the car needs to be flashed with the latest iStep version (as there is some chassis management within the software that the car needs to be told its running the M suspension) so you will lose all your nice coding / and will likely encounter problems should one have had a cheeky tune. Only coding for me, but luckily I put a V-Gate ODB and the Bimmercode App on my Christmas list so I am able to re-instate all coding at home.
That's good feedback.

I'm guessing there is a period of wearing them in so it will be interesting to hear how they are after a month or two or maybe 500-1000 miles. I'm sure I read somewhere that they settle after a while so you may find the ride changes a still.

Thanks for the update BishUK.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:32 pm

TerryCTR wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 pm

I thought my modding days were over but this car is making me want to mod away yet again!
Terry

You and me both !

My M135i was easy to justify the fettling as flaws were numerous and evident early on.

M2 is a different story - very good out of the box.

I intend to tweak chassis (MP coils) out of choice rather than necessity. Engine wise I have a Fabspeed DP to add and then aim at CSR FMIC as read a lot, from several varied sources, that m2 responds well to both even without a tune.....
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Taking a trip to autosport international on sunday so will check out KW and AST suspension too, just had rav reviews from autocar.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/bm ... 018-review

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 pm

sawda wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm
Taking a trip to autosport international on sunday so will check out KW and AST suspension too, just had rav reviews from autocar.

Without the exhaust that’s ~ 4K on remap, FMIC and coilovers - that’s a chunk of change TBF.

I’m looking at MP coils, DP, FMIC and obd flash remap either MHD or BM3 for <3k
AW M2 DCT

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
sawda wrote:

Without the exhaust that’s ~ 4K on remap, FMIC and coilovers - that’s a chunk of change TBF.

I’m looking at MP coils, DP, FMIC and obd flash remap either MHD or BM3 for <3k
I agree. Ive limted myself to one mod a year, starting from now🤣. I have down the downpipe, exhaust, steering wheel, spacers, mperf carbon bits, lowering springs, breaks, ppf, et etc already so I am already heavily invested. Would love some vorsteiner carbon goodies and some new wheels but will do coilovers first.

Shandy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Shandy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Speaker upgrade and Recaros/M4 seats are on my list, I have sworn I won't touch the engine.

After a bit more time on the coilovers I would agree about the power going down a little bit smoother.

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Bish

Did you get it done in a day ?

What's the name of the tech so as can ask for him when booking mine in.

Interesting to read yr comments about MP coils v Eibachs. I test drove 2 m2 with modded suspension one with Eibachs and one with MP coils. Comparing Eibachs to stock m2 they felt 2nd rate.. No comparison to MP coils, moreso given the Rybrook price !

Enjoy !
BP, it can be done in one day and mine was planned for same day drop off and pick up but I had a few issues so it was overnight for me. Due to illness I couldn't make the Wednesday I was booked in for, Tom kindly squeezed me in for the next day on the basis that it "might" not be complete. He gave me a 4 series loaner anyway and even offered to have the car delivered back to my home the next day. Naturally i didn't fancy a stranger driving my M2 for the best part of 80miles so went back the next day to pick up. I think they also underestimated the time it took for KDS alignment and I also had a few issues getting my rear lights to work after flashing to the latest iStep (I've installed LCI rear lights on my non-LCI car and they were wired by a friend ((and worked fine)) - but had to be re-wired by Rybrook ((the BMW way)) for them to work with latest iStep.

I can't recall the Technicians name but I will ask Tom again and let you guys know. Tom mentioned both your names (you&YaoNg) to me when I went to pick the car up and he said he was sorting you guys out soon.

I'm more impressed than I thought I would be on these coils and yes, I'm expecting them to get even better once I've clocked a 1,000 miles in them (by all accounts this is case).

I was also surprised to see the car actually sitting lower on the coils than it did on the Eibachs. My car has been set up to BMW factory coil specifics (595mm front/600mm rear - the fronts of the car sits visibly lower on the coils than the Eibachs.
Attachments
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg (155.01 KiB) Viewed 399 times

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:05 pm

BishUK wrote:
Bish

Did you get it done in a day ?

What's the name of the tech so as can ask for him when booking mine in.

Interesting to read yr comments about MP coils v Eibachs. I test drove 2 m2 with modded suspension one with Eibachs and one with MP coils. Comparing Eibachs to stock m2 they felt 2nd rate.. No comparison to MP coils, moreso given the Rybrook price !

Enjoy !
BP, it can be done in one day and mine was planned for same day drop off and pick up but I had a few issues so it was overnight for me. Due to illness I couldn't make the Wednesday I was booked in for, Tom kindly squeezed me in for the next day on the basis that it "might" not be complete. He gave me a 4 series loaner anyway and even offered to have the car delivered back to my home the next day. Naturally i didn't fancy a stranger driving my M2 for the best part of 80miles so went back the next day to pick up. I think they also underestimated the time it took for KDS alignment and I also had a few issues getting my rear lights to work after flashing to the latest iStep (I've installed LCI rear lights on my non-LCI car and they were wired by a friend ((and worked fine)) - but had to be re-wired by Rybrook ((the BMW way)) for them to work with latest iStep.

I can't recall the Technicians name but I will ask Tom again and let you guys know. Tom mentioned both your names (you&YaoNg) to me when I went to pick the car up and he said he was sorting you guys out soon.

I'm more impressed than I thought I would be on these coils and yes, I'm expecting them to get even better once I've clocked a 1,000 miles in them (by all accounts this is case).

I was also surprised to see the car actually sitting lower on the coils than it did on the Eibachs. My car has been set up to BMW factory coil specifics (595mm front/600mm rear - the fronts of the car sits visibly lower on the coils than the Eibachs.
Sounds like an ace job bish, may have to drop them an email as hope to make a decision this week on what suspension to run but missed the boat on the offer so will weigh it all up from scratch

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm

sawda wrote:

If you like the look of the ASTs I'll put you in touch with a contact at the factory.

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:17 pm

BishUK wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:55 pm
Tom mentioned both your names (you&YaoNg) to me when I went to pick the car up and he said he was sorting you guys out soon.

That looks superb. I've read that rear springs settle more than front coilovers so rear may drop a smidge more.

I'm on my 18" winters just now but might just go to Rybook to get it done sooner rather than later and have it setup on 18" wheel spec and hope it comes out looking as good as yrs does........

Debating whether or not to get Millway top plates to dial in extra front camber - did they give you a print out of KDS post install and if so what did they set front/rear toe and camber to ?
AW M2 DCT

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm

jonnydrama wrote:
sawda wrote:

If you like the look of the ASTs I'll put you in touch with a contact at the factory.
Cool, that sounds great. tbh I never heard of them before the article I read today and found out theyll be at autosport too so worth a look

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:34 pm

[/quote]
Debating whether or not to get Millway top plates to dial in extra front camber - did they give you a print out of KDS post install and if so what did they set front/rear toe and camber to ?
[/quote]

I did ask Tom for a KDS print out when I was paying the bill and he said he would send one to me via email. So far nothing, I will chase him up today on this and let you know.

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 pm

sawda wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm
jonnydrama wrote:
sawda wrote:

Cool, that sounds great. tbh I never heard of them before the article I read today and found out theyll be at autosport too so worth a look

I have AST 5100s on my mini JCW, good setup. If you look up Marc Rutten on facebook he'll be able to give you feedback on 5100's as he has some on his M2.

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 pm

jonnydrama wrote:
sawda wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm
jonnydrama wrote: If you like the look of the ASTs I'll put you in touch with a contact at the factory.

I have AST 5100s on my mini JCW, good setup. If you look up Marc Rutten on facebook he'll be able to give you feedback on 5100's as he has some on his M2.
Thanks mate, shame im not on face book but good to know reviews are strong. Hope to make a decsion next week.

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:47 pm

jonnydrama wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 pm
If you look up Marc Rutten on facebook he'll be able to give you feedback on 5100's as he has some on his M2.
JD,

I communicated with MR via FB and he never had AST c/overs on his M2 - this is what he told me end Sept last year
I do not have them on my M2, but I have them on my MINI GP2. I sold a set to a friend of mine in CZ and he is the first one in the world to get them fitted soon. My car was used for the development, but I am still running the stock set since I am not planning on changing the set up on the M2.
Confirmed by MR in his F87bimmerpost below

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1410589

BP
AW M2 DCT

Return to “F87 M2”