Where can i get the best discount?E

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2688
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by Deadeye » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Finally, maybe my trade-in value might go up a bit now. :)
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

WantanM2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by WantanM2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread....

I’m looking to buy a new M2 Competition. I’ve been to 2 different dealers but none are willing to give me a discount.

Does anyone know where I can get a discount on new M2C?

I’m not looking to buy till mid next year. If I order now I’ve been offered a build date of Q1 2019.

Am I more likely to get a discount early next year or do you think the waiting list will just keep going up?
Do you think there will be pre-REG M2Cs available early next year?

Thanks for your help. Please be nice to me... I’m new!
😬

User avatar
moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by moulin12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:55 pm

WantanM2 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:18 pm
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread....

I’m looking to buy a new M2 Competition. I’ve been to 2 different dealers but none are willing to give me a discount.

Does anyone know where I can get a discount on new M2C?

I’m not looking to buy till mid next year. If I order now I’ve been offered a build date of Q1 2019.

Am I more likely to get a discount early next year or do you think the waiting list will just keep going up?
Do you think there will be pre-REG M2Cs available early next year?

Thanks for your help. Please be nice to me... I’m new!
😬
Welcome to the forum.

It took a good 12 mths, if not 18mths for the original M2 to be discounted. Not sure whether the M2C will attract the same level of interest, as nice as upgrade as it is, but would still expect it to be a long wait before discounts of any kind - maybe next autumn?

Whilst there may be the odd pre-reg hanging around, you can expect this to be a rarity. You won't get pre-regs being knocked out as they have over the last few months ahead of the M2C. Instead that will happen on the run up to the end of the series 2 (due 10/21 as I recall).

In short I'd bank on having to pay full whack. Alternatively, come Q1 19 you'll probably be able to pick up a low mileage, std optioned M2 orig for about two-thirds price of a M2C.
F22 M240i 8AT

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1897
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by petay135 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I can see the original M2 prices holding or firming now, Comp Pack has raised the profile again and BMW not giving much away on the Comp for now.

At circa 35k with those looks and bespoke arches it is a hell of a package

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

WantanM2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by WantanM2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am

Thank you both. That’s really useful. TBH the dealer told me a similar thing but he also wanted to sell me a car!

I’ll probably see how things are early/mid next year. If anyone in the mean time finds some way to get a discount, please let me know. I’ll be more than happy with 5%!

User avatar
dainesefreak
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by dainesefreak » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:01 pm

WantanM2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am
Thank you both. That’s really useful. TBH the dealer told me a similar thing but he also wanted to sell me a car!

I’ll probably see how things are early/mid next year. If anyone in the mean time finds some way to get a discount, please let me know. I’ll be more than happy with 5%!
Coast2Coast will give you 4% now.

I also know a friendly dealer who said they'd go to 5% discount on a November car, for someone who's serious and ready to order.
M2 LCI DCT Mineral Grey
2018 Matte Black Fireblade

User avatar
moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by moulin12 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:49 pm

dainesefreak wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:01 pm
WantanM2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am
Thank you both. That’s really useful. TBH the dealer told me a similar thing but he also wanted to sell me a car!

I’ll probably see how things are early/mid next year. If anyone in the mean time finds some way to get a discount, please let me know. I’ll be more than happy with 5%!
Coast2Coast will give you 4% now.

I also know a friendly dealer who said they'd go to 5% discount on a November car, for someone who's serious and ready to order.
That's a good call - hadnt thought about checking that out. Not quite in the pre-reg league but better than nothing.
F22 M240i 8AT

User avatar
1970boggy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am
Location: Upminster

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by 1970boggy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:41 am

After a lot of thought I'm holding out till next year. My current M240i will be into it's 3rd year of PCP + delivery slot's are now into March I believe. I was going to just swap for an M14Oi however my wife has changed her mind and is now on-board with the M2.

With Bexit etc may well be able to get a better deal anyway next year

Boggy

Penetrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by Penetrator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 am

Anybody who’s interested I got offered a brand new M2 LCI yesterday with decent spec for £0 deposit and £530 a month straight off the bat on first enquiry so there’s a great deal for someone there, cars in MG colour. PM for details.
Current: 2018 Audi RS3 Sportback

Gone:

F80 SS M3 CP
F82 YMB M4 CP
F21 M135i bells n whistles
C63 AMG PP
Mk2 Focus RS
Audi S5
FN2 Type R Limited Edition
FN2 Type R GT

TM88
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by TM88 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:23 am

Without knowing the full spec of that car I wouldn't say that's a good deal. Like you said though it's straight off the bat so should be a lot more discount on that car available. Mine was a decent spec (not huge though) and is under 400 a month with a 2k deposit.

berry100
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by berry100 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 am

TM88 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:23 am
Without knowing the full spec of that car I wouldn't say that's a good deal. Like you said though it's straight off the bat so should be a lot more discount on that car available. Mine was a decent spec (not huge though) and is under 400 a month with a 2k deposit.
Assume this was the old version? Where was it? On the look out for a competition soon but looking to improve a lot on the advertised deals.

TM88
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by TM88 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:05 am

berry100 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 am
Assume this was the old version? Where was it? On the look out for a competition soon but looking to improve a lot on the advertised deals.
It wasn't a M2 comp but it was an LCI car. Came from the Sytner group. Was one of their last few stock cars.

NickR85
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:40 am

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by NickR85 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Penetrator wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 am
Anybody who’s interested I got offered a brand new M2 LCI yesterday with decent spec for £0 deposit and £530 a month straight off the bat on first enquiry so there’s a great deal for someone there, cars in MG colour. PM for details.
What was the spec of the car? I could be tempted to swap the Golf R for one.

Penetrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by Penetrator » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:01 pm

It had everything bar Icon headlights if I remember correctly
Current: 2018 Audi RS3 Sportback

Gone:

F80 SS M3 CP
F82 YMB M4 CP
F21 M135i bells n whistles
C63 AMG PP
Mk2 Focus RS
Audi S5
FN2 Type R Limited Edition
FN2 Type R GT

StevieB
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by StevieB » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Is it this one? For reference i got my white pre reg in August with Harmon, heat and electric, reverse cam, folding mirrors, adaptive leds and sun protection pack for £42,700 no deposit £458 a month. I cleared the neg on my 140.
AW M2 LCI
Gone - MG M140i F20, auto, adaptive LED's, comfort pack with front and rear sensors,sun protection pack, mp spoiler/fins, mp black grills and gloss black mirrors and bumper inserts

Post Reply

Return to “F87 M2”