Annoying reverse sensor not fixed with software update...

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Lieutenant Biscuits

Annoying reverse sensor not fixed with software update...

Post by Lieutenant Biscuits » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm

My car, and it's safe to assume everyone else's, has a really annoying reverse feature, where it alerts me that I'm getting close to something and then it won't stop unless I drive off or turn off the engine. Normally taking a car out of reverse stops it. I've been told by BWM that it's a feature, albeit an annoying one.

I read on here, or possibly bimmerpost, that upgrading the software to the latest version stops the issue. BMW kindly agreed and they did the update this morning to version F020-17-11-540 and the contact at Sytner tells me it still does the same thing after the update. I feel a bit silly asking them now.

Does anyone else know about this issue/feature?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZ1Cg0 ... c3fMC/view

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Annoying reverse sensor not fixed with software update...

Post by YaoNg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Lieutenant Biscuits wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm
My car, and it's safe to assume everyone else's, has a really annoying reverse feature, where it alerts me that I'm getting close to something and then it won't stop unless I drive off or turn off the engine. Normally taking a car out of reverse stops it. I've been told by BWM that it's a feature, albeit an annoying one.

I read on here, or possibly bimmerpost, that upgrading the software to the latest version stops the issue. BMW kindly agreed and they did the update this morning to version F020-17-11-540 and the contact at Sytner tells me it still does the same thing after the update. I feel a bit silly asking them now.

I was updated in October and my reverse beeping stops when changing out of reverse. I'll check it again when I get back but I believe from within the menu it shows:

Telephone: TB-006.001.044
Media: MB-006.001.044

It shouldn't be a feature.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Having had BMWs for so long now I've just got used to it, so it doesn't really bother me any more. It stops when you drive off, eventually.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Matthaus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Matthaus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm

If it annoys me too much for some reason - like I am waiting to pull out, I will just hit the 'P' for the PDC sensors and turn it off.

Soon as you engage reverse again it will come back on.
BMW 135i Coupe - Sold
BMW M240i Coupe - Finally arrived!

napes5
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by napes5 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:10 pm

To be fair just because you're not in reverse doesn't mean that the thing isn't really close. If you forgot with it in neutral and rolled back you'd be upset if you hit it...
BMW M2 DCT

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Same here. I recently had my istep updated and was disappointed to see the PDC reverse fix hadn't been successful.
See my pics below. The problem is in the red box. Although the NBT Evo has been updated, the car is still running 53.3 software version. I believe BMW now have software 64.1 out (and there's been a few other releases in-between). As I understand it, there are lots of separate modules and comms boxs that require updates - I think we need to get a software update too/not just istep update. See what info you get back from your dealer.

As you can see below, the software version has remained at 53.3 despite the NBT Evo being bang up to date.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 896 times
1.png
1.png (91.17 KiB) Viewed 896 times

AndytheGreek
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AndytheGreek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

I fitted the front PDC button last year as soon as I bought the car - so I was able to turn the beeps off manually. (around £90 for a button!)
ironically I had a software update in November that fixed the bug; the beeps stop now when you take it out of reverse even though the engine is still running.
2017 M2

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 am

I didn't option the rear camera on my car and the retrofit button does not work unless the car has the wiring for the rear camera. I found this out the hard way.

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Does our idrive update automatically or do we have to do it via usb?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

blackbat118i

Post by blackbat118i » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm

YaoNg wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm
Lieutenant Biscuits wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm

I was updated in October and my reverse beeping stops when changing out of reverse. I'll check it again when I get back but I believe from within the menu it shows:

Hey YaoNg, did you find out if this was fixed with the update? Just picked mine up yesterday and the unnecessary beeping when parked up is annoying as hell!

Would appreciate if anyone could confirm whether this has been fixed?

Thanks

Ivicker

Post by Ivicker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Mine doesn’t do it. As soon as I take it out of reverse the beeping stops.

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm

blackbat118i wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm
YaoNg wrote:

Hey YaoNg, did you find out if this was fixed with the update? Just picked mine up yesterday and the unnecessary beeping when parked up is annoying as hell!

Thanks
Yes. Mine absolutely stops beeping as soon as I come out of reverse. I will take a picture of the versions later and post them up.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

blackbat118i

Post by blackbat118i » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:36 pm

YaoNg wrote:
blackbat118i wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm
YaoNg wrote:

Thanks
Yes. Mine absolutely stops beeping as soon as I come out of reverse. I will take a picture of the versions later and post them up.

Okay thanks, is it easy to do the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “F87 M2”