Baby BMW Forum banner

Running costs advice please

16K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  Pandamonia 
#1 ·
Thinking of up grading the M140i to a M2
Can some one let me know the service intervals on the M2 please, and what each service coasts roughly

Any other costs as well please

#5 ·
Japper69 said:
Deadeye said:
Same ish as the M140 apart from the RIS at 1200 miles.
And tyres.

M140 @ £650ish every 22k
M2 @ £850ish every 12k

Based on my current useage 😄
Make that circa £540 not £650 if bought from Camskill and then £60 for fitter.

So Likely treble cost for M2 tyres.

#8 ·
Service pack price for M140 is £299 and for the M2 it's £999 which suggests that it's significantly more running costs

#14 ·
Little bit heavier on fuel over my 240i, RIS, tax and tyres (I have puncture insurance tho). Would I swap back to my 240i to save a few £££ - no, it's worth the extra IMO. The running cost for the M2 aren't huge so far - brakes etc later down the line will be the bigger bills I think.

#20 ·
Kerr said:
Has anyone got as far as needing brakes yet?
Had my front discs and pads replaced under warranty. Asked the service guy how much and he said about £1000. Not sure how much I believe him on that though.

The contis only lasted 10k miles for me. Hoping to get much more out of the PS4S I replaced them with. Got nearly 30k miles from MPSS on my M135.

Insurance is quite a bit more than my M135 was and if the car is relatively new the tax will be more because it's over £40k.

Other than that, the costs are about the same.

#24 ·
Deadeye said:
It's just plain odd how long PSSs last on M135i isn't it!?
I'm amazed how long they're lasting on my M140i. To say how narrow the rears are and the power / torque they have to cope with is impressive. They can't be that hard either as I think they grip superbly well even in the cold.

#25 ·
Japper69 said:
Deadeye said:
It's just plain odd how long PSSs last on M135i isn't it!?
I'm amazed how long they're lasting on my M140i. To say how narrow the rears are and the power / torque they have to cope with is impressive. They can't be that hard either as I think they grip superbly well even in the cold.
Yep, our M140i grips a lot better than my M2 and is quick as f'ck too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.