Exhaust tips change

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 am

I ha e just got a quote on the M3/M4 comp exhaust tips for £177.60 that’s for 4x

From stuart murry

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:40 am

Also dose any one know if the m3/m4 tips are bigger diameter then the M2 tips

User avatar
JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: North West

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JonD » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am

JamesM135i wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 am
I ha e just got a quote on the M3/M4 comp exhaust tips for £177.60 that’s for 4x

From stuart murry
£149 on fleabay, item No 401466600242

Same diameter I believe

User avatar
Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2625
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Deadeye » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 am

JamesM135i wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:40 am
Also dose any one know if the m3/m4 tips are bigger diameter then the M2 tips
I'm 90% sure they are bigger than the M2 tips.

I'll try and remember to get one of my M3 tips out the box.

I can tell you the M3 tips are exactly the same size as the M135i MPE stips as that's where they were going!
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

JonD wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am
JamesM135i wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 am
I ha e just got a quote on the M3/M4 comp exhaust tips for £177.60 that’s for 4x

From stuart murry
£149 on fleabay, item No 401466600242

Same diameter I believe
fair play good find

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

Deadeye wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 am
JamesM135i wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:40 am
Also dose any one know if the m3/m4 tips are bigger diameter then the M2 tips
I'm 90% sure they are bigger than the M2 tips.

I'll try and remember to get one of my M3 tips out the box.

I can tell you the M3 tips are exactly the same size as the M135i MPE stips as that's where they were going!
Cool thank you

Naf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Naf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:25 pm


User avatar
JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: North West

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JonD » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Got quoted $285 for chrome or black & $480 for carbon.

Naf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Naf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm

JonD wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm
Got quoted $285 for chrome or black & $480 for carbon.
mmmmm tempted?

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:14 am

Naf wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:25 pm
What about these? -http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1343704
I really like them tbh

User avatar
JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: North West

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JonD » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 am

Not for me, would look better with a slash cut, so as to follow the line of the diffuser.

Naf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Naf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am

JonD wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm
Got quoted $285 for chrome or black & $480 for carbon.
I've just received the same quote. Not sure. New tips or save a bit more for MPE :roll:

JamesM135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JamesM135i » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Naf wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am
JonD wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm
Got quoted $285 for chrome or black & $480 for carbon.
I've just received the same quote. Not sure. New tips or save a bit more for MPE :roll:
I’ve heard the mpe is really loud

User avatar
JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Location: North West

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by JonD » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Remus cat back system seems popular, not heard one in the flesh so couldn’t say what the volume is like

Naf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Naf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm

I just hate the chrome tips.

If I could get good black tips I’m pretty ok with the stock sound.

Post Reply

Return to “F87 M2”