Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Exhaust tips change

Post by Deadeye » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:54 am

petay135 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:33 pm
I have the Cyba brushed fitted, they are quite big!
Did you notice any change in sound?
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JonD » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:54 am
petay135 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:33 pm
I have the Cyba brushed fitted, they are quite big!
Did you notice any change in sound?
You’re not going to get a change in noise just from different tips, not that I could detect anyway.

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi no change to sound but they look a lot more purposeful particularly with the MP Diffuser.

My stock system has gradually become more fruity over the last 5k miles though, sounds great on the over run and the traction mode special mode sound is amusing leading me to move away from the idea of an MPE. I drive increasingly in manual mode in the M2 as the car sounds and behaves in a more rewarding manner whereas the opposite was true in my previous M135i where I got lazy and let the ZF do all the work.

I spend quite a bit of time driving through quiet villages lifting off in traction mode as I am a bit immature and love the reactions!! My car is lowered and spaced it gets a fair bit more attention than my previous Silverstone F80 M3 tbh and I personally prefer the look overall to the new Competition particularly front end so although I was on the list I won't now be changing.

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

D6EML
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by D6EML » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 pm

petay135 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:52 pm
Hi no change to sound but they look a lot more purposeful particularly with the MP Diffuser.

My stock system has gradually become more fruity over the last 5k miles though, sounds great on the over run and the traction mode special mode sound is amusing leading me to move away from the idea of an MPE. I drive increasingly in manual mode in the M2 as the car sounds and behaves in a more rewarding manner whereas the opposite was true in my previous M135i where I got lazy and let the ZF do all the work.

I spend quite a bit of time driving through quiet villages lifting off in traction mode as I am a bit immature and love the reactions!! My car is lowered and spaced it gets a fair bit more attention than my previous Silverstone F80 M3 tbh and I personally prefer the look overall to the new Competition particularly front end so although I was on the list I won't now be changing.

What procedure you using to achieve secret exhaust mode petay? Iv read a few different ways in which it’s achieved , latest I seen on YouTube was sport plus mode 2nd gear , heavy acceleration between 2k/3k rpm and hit the traction button . I tried this and noticed a deeper tone with a lot more pops on the over runs

Dean
AW M2 lci

JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JonD » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Traction off and drive in manual.

Oh and windows down to enjoy.....

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 pm

D6EML wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 pm
petay135 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:52 pm

What procedure you using to achieve secret exhaust mode petay? Iv read a few different ways in which it’s achieved , latest I seen on YouTube was sport plus mode 2nd gear , heavy acceleration between 2k/3k rpm and hit the traction button . I tried this and noticed a deeper tone with a lot more pops on the over runs

Dean
Yes as said, put the car in comfort, move DCT to manual shift and press the traction control button briefly. You will see traction mode enabled in the dash readout and you will get lovely noises when you lift off as long as you stay in manual shift mode :) Ensure windows are down and hold those revs :lol:

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

D6EML
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by D6EML » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:20 am

:D Lovely

Dean
AW M2 lci

Return to “F87 M2”