Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

FishFingers
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: M2 Competition reviews.

Post by FishFingers » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:36 pm

My 2c.....for what is worth.

I love my current 66 plate M2 and aim to keep it at least another 1+ year.
It has been the perfect car for me and I love owning it.

In another year or so it will be bought (pay GFV as only £13k) and I will look at the M2C. But I may also look elsewhere (Porsche) - or may just keep hold of my M2 until I decide to move on and save up some £££s.

I like the new M2C and if I was after a new car now I would definitely get one.
BUT the existing car is that good, I dont really want to get rid.

In addition, the one thing I personally never wish for is more power. I dont track the car and find the current power levels more than adequate for daily driving (which is what I do) and slightly hard work in winter/wet after years of owning quattros etc.

When I test drove the M4, i found the power a bit too on/off and really wouldnt fancy that much power on UK winter roads.

Just my 2p......

I still may end up in a M2c, but am not in any great rush to check one out. I realised quite some time ago, that always chasing the next 'new shiney' is a futile task in the modern world. Car/phone/watch/whatever.
Its the crack cocaine of consumer society when combined with the internet.

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ursy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:48 pm

BMWRUS wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Nice!

If it's not an Ursy exclusive offer it would be great if you could PM me your BMW contact as I'm not sure I'd be able to resist that deal :D
[/quote]

Sadly its a staff offer :(

BMWRUS

Post by BMWRUS » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Ursy wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Sadly its a staff offer :(
It’s a great deal so if u can afford it, go for it dude!

You lucky :censored:

:D

At some point dealerships will start offering discounts, I’m waiting patiently.

If your contact would like a quick and easy sale you know where I am!

1970boggy

Post by 1970boggy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 am

Good morning (aka Boggy)

I'm a long-standing member of PH's & Seloc (Lotus), however I'm now switching back to BMW so this is my first post "Hello".

Currently own an M240i (66) but I'm after a new M2, anyone know of any deals on a new car (PCP). Either trade in the M240i or sell privately.

Boggy

napes5
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by napes5 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 am

1970boggy wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 am
Good morning (aka Boggy)

I'm a long-standing member of PH's & Seloc (Lotus), however I'm now switching back to BMW so this is my first post "Hello".

Currently own an M240i (66) but I'm after a new M2, anyone know of any deals on a new car (PCP). Either trade in the M240i or sell privately.

Boggy
I think you've got unfortunate timing Boggy. With the M2 comp now released there are waiting lists again (you can't order the pre comp car anymore), and as far as I understand there aren't any or many re-regs going around of the LCI. So I guess you may need to get on a waiting list or go used.....
BMW M2 DCT

1970boggy

Post by 1970boggy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks,

I'll hold fire till next year not in a rush anyway. The M240i is a great car so no complaint's

Boggy

RockManPop
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RockManPop » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm

I’m happy to wait. My LCI M2 is only 8 months old and its Plenty quick enough for me particularly after the Eventuri, forge intercooler, Remus exhaust and tuning box. Quite like the M performance parts for the Comp but most can add to my LCI anyway. I’m still hoping there is a proper CS/ GTS run out which is worth waiting for.
F87 M2 DCT ALPINE WHITE

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 am

FishFingers wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:36 pm
I still may end up in a M2c, but am not in any great rush to check one out. I realised quite some time ago, that always chasing the next 'new shiney' is a futile task in the modern world. Car/phone/watch/whatever.
I think this seems to be the generally train of thought from existing vanilla M2 owners, no rush to go out and change. I have finally got a car that I actually really still enjoy after 12 months of ownership and I cant see that feeling changing just because of the M2C, i've driven M3's and M4's etc, been a passenger in a DBS amongst other fancy cars and I can honestly say I get in my M2 and it still ticks every box for me. Love it!!

I think like you after years of 'wanting' the next best thing and justifying it with ridiculous reasons. Ive now finally realised that actually its just a merry go round, something to try and avoid but ive also realised that making compromises can also be a costly error too.

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ursy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Its like phones, they will always improve to a point that the gains are really marginal.

So you can keep waiting for the next best thing, or jump in and enjoy now.

Andy OH
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Andy OH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm

FishFingers wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:36 pm
My 2c.....for what is worth.

I love my current 66 plate M2 and aim to keep it at least another 1+ year.
It has been the perfect car for me and I love owning it.

In another year or so it will be bought (pay GFV as only £13k) and I will look at the M2C. But I may also look elsewhere (Porsche) - or may just keep hold of my M2 until I decide to move on and save up some £££s.

I like the new M2C and if I was after a new car now I would definitely get one.
BUT the existing car is that good, I dont really want to get rid.

In addition, the one thing I personally never wish for is more power. I dont track the car and find the current power levels more than adequate for daily driving (which is what I do) and slightly hard work in winter/wet after years of owning quattros etc.

When I test drove the M4, i found the power a bit too on/off and really wouldnt fancy that much power on UK winter roads.

Just my 2p......

Summed up my thoughts exactly, however, I am partial to a S/S Rolex sports watch (or few :wink:)

I do think my original 2017 M2 is still a very good car and is very close in chassis dynamics to the E30 M3's I had a good few years ago now (had both E30 M3 Evo II and an E30 M3 Sport Evolution).

If I were to change it would have to be for something considerably better and for me the only car that is significantly better is a 911 GT3 which for now is way out of my price range, so the M2 is staying put for the foreseeable future.
M2 LBB DCT

Return to “F87 M2”