Baby BMW Forum banner

Night and day!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul 140 
#1 ·
So less than 2 weeks ago I jumped from my m140i into a AW M2. Having had a varied selection of cars over the years including awd scoobs, Megane rs 265 cup and a r5 gt turbo raider (why did I sell that car) the m140i was my first rwd whip! I've got a particular driving style I would say from racing karts as a kid so I am use to a bit of point of shoot! I adapted to the m140i I think ok and really enjoyed nearly 2years of driving it and was practical with the commute and the kids etc. Having read posts on here about how different the 2 are, I was dubious to say the least! As per the title of the post they certainly are night and day in terms of feel. My 140 was totally stock as is the m2 and it is such an enjoyable place to be! I'm a bit captain sensible these days but have got to say i am so glad I have stayed with the rwd drive train again as it is so satisfying! Ps they look bloody good too!

#4 ·
I've got another child on the way next year to add to my current collection lol so have had to buy a Citroen c4 to accommodate also! My eldest starts driving in February so we will be able to get about! M2 has isofix too so all good!

#5 ·
Paul 140 said:
Have to say so tempted by an M2 but not sure I could get away with a boot rather than a hatch 🤔 wife's car due a change next year, maybe I can talk her into a hatch then we're sorted :D
I did that move - there's a surprising amount of boot space, especially with the back seats down. Only real limitation is the entrance size, but it's bog enough to slot a bike in. Go for it!

#6 ·
napes5 said:
Paul 140 said:
Have to say so tempted by an M2 but not sure I could get away with a boot rather than a hatch 🤔 wife's car due a change next year, maybe I can talk her into a hatch then we're sorted :D
I did that move - there's a surprising amount of boot space, especially with the back seats down. Only real limitation is the entrance size, but it's bog enough to slot a bike in. Go for it!
Thanks, I am tempted :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.