Comp production date

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Greg10

Comp production date

Post by Greg10 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi long time lurker but thought it was about time to sign up since i have an m2 on order.

Put a deposit down at the local dealer just before order books were open 4th on the list and then specced it when it was up on the system.

However not had much information since. Apparently i have a build slot but no production slot yet. Is there any1 else in the same boat or any1 know of a sep/oct build going.

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Comp production date

Post by Tooney » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Your dealer is having you over, I ordered and paid my deposit on the 16th of June. My car is being built next week and will be delivered by 17th of Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M2 Competition Hockenheim Silver

KenC
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by KenC » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Are "build slot" and "production slot" not synonymous?

Greg10

Post by Greg10 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Sorry i meant production date not slot. Was told weeks ago i had secured a build slot then called the other day to be told no production date had been given and was getting some1 to chase it up and as usual no reply. All seems a bit odd to myself but then this will be my first new build car.

I think its time to get my deposit back and go elsewhere :(

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Greg10 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm
Sorry i meant production date not slot. Was told weeks ago i had secured a build slot then called the other day to be told no production date had been given and was getting some1 to chase it up and as usual no reply. All seems a bit odd to myself but then this will be my first new build car.

I think its time to get my deposit back and go elsewhere :(
I think what they mean is production slot, which is different to build date. Build date is the expected week that the car goes into build, but is only confirmed once a production slot (schedule to build) has been given. Depending on the production slot, the build week may shift a week or so. In my case, the car was brought forward one week once the production slot had been confirmed.

Specs get locked down once a production slot has been confirmed. Presumably the schedule cars according to type of options and the just in time system.
F22 M240i 8AT

Return to “F87 M2”