Bit of bad luck

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Bit of bad luck

Post by boldy1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:40 am

Well after 37 years of life and never having to make a claim, 3 weeks ago a motorcycle mirror fell off and cracked by front bumper, he wouldn't pull over and drove off, i remembered his licence plate. Police tracked him down got his details. He wanted to settle things privately, which I agreed too and spent my own time running round to get quotes. Which came to 2500 which he started it's too much, bare in mind iv got the carbon winglets which cant be reused.which I replied we let the insurance sort it.

Then a day later a car crashes into a parked car in front of me . I had to go up the kerb to go round as was a narrow road and got a 8inch gash on my rear alloy.

Today he emailed his details, insurance company's shut and not open till tommorow. Then driving home from cinema a pissed woman drives straight into the back of me. First thing she says is I'd rather pay for it privately, she's in a clapped out 57 plate clio mind. Then she gives me her phone to send me a copy of her details because she was too pissed to do it and has the cheek to say do you know my best friend if you try to rip me off il get them too, i told her then i do give to fishes who your friends are. Then the police arrive as im moving off pull up to her car lights flashing then proceeded to pull me over and off she drove into the night.

After they spoke to me and asked had I been drinking and I told them no but she had they were interested. Her details were correct tho which is a good thing. Sorry for the rant but now I got to tell them I have 2 claims to make.

I really hope bad things come in 3s as my poor car will look like a fruit pastel if so.ething else happens
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

topuphere666
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Bit of bad luck

Post by topuphere666 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am

What a rotten run of luck! Hopefully once all the repairs are done you can go back to enjoying the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 M135i - auto -mineral grey, heated leather, pro nav and a few other bits

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Hopefully, nobody is hurt and the damage is minor so it's good in a way, it was a busy Saturday night in a town centre she was at least 40mtr behind me when is slowed to go over speed a speed bump, if she was that drunk she could not see my car it could of been a person
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

Minics

Post by Minics » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Prison required. As you said could of been a life. 2500 for new front bumper and winglets sounds bang on the money. Whats the rear look like if you dont mind me asking? I work in a bmw dealer bodyshop.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:18 am

Rear bumper cracked , carbon diffuser damaged, reverse camera and parking sensors not working and a slight mark on the boot
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

What would you say that will cost, it dosent look that bag and it drives fine
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 pm

That’s a crap few days. I’m in two minds about the kissed bird. Technically she’s not insured if it’s proven she’s pissed so by her driving off but leaving her details, they can’t prove she was pissed.
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I gave the police her details , they went to look for her. Do you know if my car gets repaired through the insurance if it will be cat d or whaterever
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 pm
. Technically she’s not insured if it’s proven she’s pissed
You don't know that.

It depends on the terms of her insurance policy and they do vary (more than 2 x limit being a common 'void' point).

Of course since it is only apparently an unsubstantiated allegation it is not an issue.

Even if it does turn out there is an issue - due to a prosecution and any related policy terms - it is not usually a problem for the third party. It does not affect the insurers obligations. It just means their insured is on the hook to them.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 pm

boldy1 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:22 pm
I gave the police her details , they went to look for her. Do you know if my car gets repaired through the insurance if it will be cat d or whaterever
We don't have Cat D anymore. The new system is Cat N for cars without structural damage, and Cat S with structural damage.

If your car is deemed an insurance write off the insurance company won't repair it. If they repair it the won't be logged as a Cat N or S. It doesn't sound anywhere near bad enough to be a write off.

Post some pictures of the damage so we can see how bad it is.

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:03 pm

What's the best way to post pictures every time I try they come out blurry. Visually it dosent look to bad I don't know what has been damaged under the bumper.
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

Minics

Post by Minics » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Sounds like its going to be inspection of boot floor, replacement of rear bumper, rear bumper supports and mounts, new rear diffuser, new sensors, new camera, repair on bootlid blend both quarters.

This is just an estimate off my head without visually seeing the car. Your probably around £4-£5000 mark. M Cars are expensive.

People always assume dealers are expensive and want to replace parts for no reason. It is not like that at all. Having just done a BMW course on motor law it has been an eye opener. As any dealer will know we have a much greater duty of care than most back street garages and unapproved repairers.

Post some pictures and I wish you all the best.

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 pm

I took the car to sytner cardiff, and they said there is at least 3k of damage and they think the sensors and camera is due to a split cable. I am leaving them deal with it for me. Good news is the lady spoke to her insurance and admitted full responsibility. The car should be fully repaired within 2 weeks
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 am

Minics wrote:As any dealer will know we have a much greater duty of care than most back street garages and unapproved repairers.
An interesting (and effective) way of describing it.

You either have a duty of care or you don't (i.e. there are not really degrees of it).

The issue is how seriously it is taken.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

jimBabyBMW
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jimBabyBMW » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:47 am

Minics wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 pm
Sounds like its going to be inspection of boot floor, replacement of rear bumper, rear bumper supports and mounts, new rear diffuser, new sensors, new camera, repair on bootlid blend both quarters.

This is just an estimate off my head without visually seeing the car. Your probably around £4-£5000 mark. M Cars are expensive.

People always assume dealers are expensive and want to replace parts for no reason. It is not like that at all. Having just done a BMW course on motor law it has been an eye opener. As any dealer will know we have a much greater duty of care than most back street garages and unapproved repairers.

Post some pictures and I wish you all the best.

It's got nothing to do with duty of care and everything to do with liability. There is no need to cut corners if you aren't paying for it and making money of the parts you sell to repair it.
Last edited by jimBabyBMW on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “F87 M2”