Bit of bad luck

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Bit of bad luck

Post by Ursy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Your lucky plod didnt pull her over when she was over the limit, loads of insurance companies stipulate they wont pay out if person drunk - her racing off seems to be the only good fortune in this :(

TM88
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TM88 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Surely they'd pay the third party repairs just wouldn't cover hers. That stipulation is for the policy holder?
M2

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:27 pm

TM88 wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:31 pm
Surely they'd pay the third party repairs just wouldn't cover hers. That stipulation is for the policy holder?
They would be paying the 3rd party repairs. They cannot get round their obligations under the road traffic act just because their insured is in breach.

However that does not preclude them from billing their insured for those costs (irrelevant to the inncocent party of course).

Admiral do this quite a lot. So do some others. Plent of threads out there from folk getting large bills after the event.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 pm

Well I was only ever going to have it repaired by bmw and you have the right to have your car repaired at your choice when going through insurance.

While I was going to the body shop, some one in a clapped out fiesta over took 2 cars on a blind bend forcing me to slam the anchors on to a complete stop and missed a head on by about 2 foot, I'm glad I was Sunday driving like a granny. I think my cars jinked πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:35 pm

TM88 wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:31 pm
I looked into this and I believe that they would pay, I'm sure someone will be along with more info
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:39 pm

Ursy wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm
Your lucky plod didnt pull her over when she was over the limit, loads of insurance companies stipulate they wont pay out if person drunk - her racing off seems to be the only good fortune in this :(
I can't believe how dull the plod is on times, I think the only good fortune is she hit me as 100 yards down the road is all the late night takeaways with drunk people wobbling across the road. It could of been a few of them that she hit
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:56 am

boldy1 wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 pm
While I was going to the body shop, some one in a clapped out fiesta over took 2 cars on a blind bend forcing me to slam the anchors on to a complete stop and missed a head on by about 2 foot, I'm glad I was Sunday driving like a granny. I think my cars jinked πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Fix it then flog it - it reads to me like yr car is jinxed
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Minics

Post by Minics » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm

jimBabyBMW wrote:
Minics wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 pm
Sounds like its going to be inspection of boot floor, replacement of rear bumper, rear bumper supports and mounts, new rear diffuser, new sensors, new camera, repair on bootlid blend both quarters.

This is just an estimate off my head without visually seeing the car. Your probably around Β£4-Β£5000 mark. M Cars are expensive.

People always assume dealers are expensive and want to replace parts for no reason. It is not like that at all. Having just done a BMW course on motor law it has been an eye opener. As any dealer will know we have a much greater duty of care than most back street garages and unapproved repairers.

Post some pictures and I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
It's got nothing to do with duty of care and everything to do with liability. There is no need to cut corners if you aren't paying for it and making money of the parts you sell to repair it.
For me its the duty of care and liability that go hand in hand. We have a duty of care being manufacturer trained and regulated (by this i mean our technicians are sent to Germany to learn the latest repair methods from BMW and then tested on them in exam conditions and not approved until passed. The regulation side is a strict QC procedures and constant BMW audits).

So the repairs must be 100% and this means that if they are not as we have all of the training, information and assessment procedures available to us our liability would be massive. So I do agree with you.

OP hope your car is repaired soon and this can be just a blip.

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm
jimBabyBMW wrote:
Sounds like its going to be inspection of boot floor, replacement of rear bumper, rear bumper supports and mounts, new rear diffuser, new sensors, new camera, repair on bootlid blend both quarters.

This is just an estimate off my head without visually seeing the car. Your probably around Β£4-Β£5000 mark. M Cars are expensive.

People always assume dealers are expensive and want to replace parts for no reason. It is not like that at all. Having just done a BMW course on motor law it has been an eye opener. As any dealer will know we have a much greater duty of care than most back street garages and unapproved repairers.

It's got nothing to do with duty of care and everything to do with liability. There is no need to cut corners if you aren't paying for it and making money of the parts you sell to repair it.
For me its the duty of care and liability that go hand in hand. We have a duty of care being manufacturer trained and regulated (by this i mean our technicians are sent to Germany to learn the latest repair methods from BMW and then tested on them in exam conditions and not approved until passed. The regulation side is a strict QC procedures and constant BMW audits).

So the repairs must be 100% and this means that if they are not as we have all of the training, information and assessment procedures available to us our liability would be massive. So I do agree with you.

BMWs are mass produced cars. They are made on production lines by people with limited skills. They won't be dealing with body repairs.

Look at the mess the paint is on all the cars from factory. A quality painter wouldn't do a job to that standard.

Also addressing the BMW aren't expensive. The quotes I've seen for carrying out even basic work is astronomical. Not every dealer has their own bodyshop and the premium the dealer adds on top of the bodyshop's own rates is high too. They are very expensive.
Last edited by Kerr on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:20 am

Just read up on app this, seems like you have been rather unfortunate but at least the good news is nobody was hurt and insurance is sorting it. Still it's not fun and can hope it dosnt taint ownership experience.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 pm

sawda wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:20 am
Just read up on app this, seems like you have been rather unfortunate but at least the good news is nobody was hurt and insurance is sorting it. Still it's not fun and can hope it dosnt taint ownership experience.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Not tainted , just unfortunate worst thing is I thought to myself to go round the town just incase somebody bangs my car😁😁😁
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

jimBabyBMW
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jimBabyBMW » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm
jimBabyBMW wrote:

Corporate brainwashing only works on employees I'm afraid. It also works even better on young ones.

I would also like to draw your attention to the multitude of refused warranty claims and shoddy repairs made by BMW when it's their cost. Is easy to go above and beyond when you aren't paying, duty of care my bottom....

boldy1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by boldy1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Well I had the car back last friday, both repairs were done same time and both parties addmited liability, the car looks spotless and I can't notice any difference in colour my only negative is they did not wash or valet the car when I had it back
M2 AW Top spec
Csf intercooler
Wagner downpipe
AFE filter
MPE exhaust
FSTT Remap

Return to β€œF87 M2”