New owner question

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

martinoutfront

New owner question

Post by martinoutfront » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am

Hello all, had my N55 LCI M2 a week now and loving every minute, came from a Golf R which was a great all-round performance hot hatch but the M2 is in a different league 😎

Anyway my question is what should there be in the document pack? Mine has the manual, handover book plus a general dealership service related booklet, should there be anything else?

Also should there be a key number to reorder keys if they get lost? The car came with two keys so not an issue at the moment.

The car is used but only has 1200 miles on the clock so was expecting it to come with everything from new.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

G90

Re: New owner question

Post by G90 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Sounds like everythings there. I never got a code for the keys either but think thats perhaps done differently these days. Service stuff etc can be found in the idrive. Updated at bmw or kwik fit but bot sure who else can do it.
Oh and finally.. off topic. Good move from the R to the m2. Ignoring everything else as each probably has it strong point, the m2 has that 6cylinder sound that is so satisfying. If i could afford to fuel the mileage i do, I'd be renting rooms out on the house to help cover the car loan :lol: . Think its easily the most special car bmw make at the moment.
Only driven my mates to Oban from central Scotland, just felt special the whole way. Ive driven the road in all sorts but that m2. Just magic.. 👍👍👍
Petrol at heart, Diesel in the brain... :starwars:
Current 4 banger oil burner : F20 120d Estoril Blue II
Previous 4 wheelers: E87 120d, Skoda Fabia Vrs (6y), Honda Civic Type R(ep3)and last but not least Vauxhall Corsa in that famous fade to pink red.

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by duckson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Has it had the 1200 miles RIS done?
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

martinoutfront

Post by martinoutfront » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

duckson wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm
Has it had the 1200 miles RIS done?
According to the dealership it was done at 1200 miles but on iDrive it says 760 miles. Rang the dealer and they confirmed it had been done at 760, they said it needs to be done within 1200 miles so can be done earlier. Doesn't affect the warranty according to them.

Strangely looking at iDrive it has two entries for the RIS????

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by duckson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:50 pm

500 miles either side I heard, so you are ok at 760. Mine was done at 1136.
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

camelsac

Post by camelsac » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 pm

martinoutfront wrote:Hello all, had my N55 LCI M2 a week now and loving every minute, came from a Golf R which was a great all-round performance hot hatch but the M2 is in a different league Image

Anyway my question is what should there be in the document pack? Mine has the manual, handover book plus a general dealership service related booklet, should there be anything else?

Also should there be a key number to reorder keys if they get lost? The car came with two keys so not an issue at the moment.

The car is used but only has 1200 miles on the clock so was expecting it to come with everything from new.

Thanks in advance!

Martin
I currently have a Golf R but I’m toying with making the leap to an M2. I’ve found a couple of good spec 17 plate cars, manual with the M performance exhaust. I need to test drive a few but I’d be interested in your thoughts - especially on the ride quality as some testers have said the ride can be fidgety. Tia!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

martinoutfront

Post by martinoutfront » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:52 pm

camelsac wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 pm
martinoutfront wrote:Hello all, had my N55 LCI M2 a week now and loving every minute, came from a Golf R which was a great all-round performance hot hatch but the M2 is in a different league Image

Thanks in advance!

Martin
I currently have a Golf R but I’m toying with making the leap to an M2.......

It kinda is a bit twitchy in sport mode but nothing to worry about. The DCT box is taking some getting used to as the M2 is my first auto transmission car!

The Golf had DSC so the M2 does seem firm compared to the R but it feels more 'planted' when pushing on even though the R is AWD.

Definitely glad I moved up, go for it😁

camelsac

Post by camelsac » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 am

martinoutfront wrote:
camelsac wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks in advance!

Martin
I currently have a Golf R but I’m toying with making the leap to an M2.......

It kinda is a bit twitchy in sport mode but nothing to worry about. The DCT box is taking some getting used to as the M2 is my first auto transmission car!

The Golf had DSC so the M2 does seem firm compared to the R but it feels more 'planted' when pushing on even though the R is AWD.

Definitely glad I moved up, go for itImage
Image Yes - my Golf has DCC too so it’ll be interesting to compare. I’m going to go manual again I think!

Return to “F87 M2”