Retrofit the Driver's Pack or Front PDC on a 2018 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer (F46)?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, marco_polo

aalawlx

Retrofit the Driver's Pack or Front PDC on a 2018 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer (F46)?

Post by aalawlx » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

I have an F46 2018 18 BMW 220D Xdrive Automatic Gran Tourer.

The car already has 3 of the 4 packs installed: Vision Pack, Tech Pack and Comfort Pack. However, it is missing the Driver Pack, which I would like installed.

Therefore, is it possible to retrofit either the full Driver Pack, of any of the included options? I am interested to fit the whole pack, but especially the front PDC. The car currently has rear PDC and rear camera, but not front PDC.

Please, can anyone suggest someone who knows how to get the parts and do the required works? I have already asked a few BMW dealerships but they don't seem to have any idea, and their parts department said there are no retrofits available?

Thank you so much.

Driver Pack:
Comprises:
– 508 Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear
– 5DP Park Assist
– 5AS Driving Assistant
- 5AT Driving Assistant Plus

-- 5AS Driving Assistant
-- Comprises:
-- – City Collision Mitigation
-- – Forward Collision Warning
-- – High-beam Assistant
-- – Lane Departure Warning
-- – Preventive Pedestrian Protection
-- – Speed-limit information

-- 5AT Driving Assistant Plus
-- Comprises all functionality of Driving Assistant (5AS), plus:
-- – Camera-based Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
-- – Traffic Jam Assist

More information from the BMW 2 series gran tourer brochure:

(DRIVER PACK.
Park Assist makes parking the vehicle easier for fully automatic parking.
Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear, makes manoeuvring into spaces much easier.
Driving Assistant draws your attention to an unintentional lane change or possible collision and even brakes automatically in the event of an emergency.)

(Driving Assistant Plus provides a clear improvement in safety and comfort. It includes the functions of Driving Assistant plus camera-based Cruise Control with Stop&Go function as well as Traffic Jam Assist.)

(Park Assist makes parallel parking easier. The system works by measuring potential spaces while driving past them at a low speed. When a suitable space has been found, Park Assist takes over steering while you are responsible for selecting the correct gear as well as pressing the accelerator and brake.)

byronFable

Retrofit the Drivers Pack or Front PDC on a 2018 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46

Post by byronFable » Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 pm

No, rear only is activated by the reverse switch on the gearbox. Only front PDC gets a button in the cockpit.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”