Wing Mirrors Fold In Speed - can it be changed?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

grahamnaismith

Wing Mirrors Fold In Speed - can it be changed?

Post by grahamnaismith » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Father in law has just bought a new BMW 220i (F45) Active Tourer which he is very happy with. His last one didn't have electric mirrors which he'd ordered with it so he got this one in exchange. Unfortunately he lives near a very steep narrow hill that everyone loses mirrors on due to the tightness of the two lanes. He's discovered, as I've seen elsewhere on my searches on this site, that he needs to be doing 15mph or less to get them to fold in and they automatically fold out at 25mph.

He wants to fold them in all the way to the bottom of the hill. Basically if a car is coming towards him and he's gone over 25mph, he doesn't want to be fiddling around looking for the fold-in button as that's unsafe.

Is there anyway or any place that can change this so when he folds them in they stay folded and he can do this if he is doing 20mph!

Thanks in advance people

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Wing Mirrors Fold In Speed - can it be changed?

Post by Stegosaurus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:25 pm

grahamnaismith wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 pm
Father in law has just bought a new BMW 220i (F45) Active Tourer which he is very happy with. His last one didn't have electric mirrors which he'd ordered with it so he got this one in exchange. Unfortunately he lives near a very steep narrow hill that everyone loses mirrors on due to the tightness of the two lanes. He's discovered, as I've seen elsewhere on my searches on this site, that he needs to be doing 15mph or less to get them to fold in and they automatically fold out at 25mph.

He wants to fold them in all the way to the bottom of the hill. Basically if a car is coming towards him and he's gone over 25mph, he doesn't want to be fiddling around looking for the fold-in button as that's unsafe.

Is there anyway or any place that can change this so when he folds them in they stay folded and he can do this if he is doing 20mph!

Thanks in advance people
Welcome to the forum :)

There's a lad called 'Wibbles' here on the forum, who's a guru when it comes to coding a car to do certain things differently, you can send him a message here: http://www.babybmw.net/memberlist.php?m ... le&u=10002

Hope this helps :)
Message me if you want your car photoshopped :)
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 160mph achieved (autobahn)

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'

grahamnaismith

Re: Wing Mirrors Fold In Speed - can it be changed?

Post by grahamnaismith » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks for the quick response - very much appreciated.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”