How to spec the Active Tourer?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

catflap

How to spec the Active Tourer?

Post by catflap » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 am

Hi,

My first post here (mainly I guess because I've never owned a BMW) but that may be about to change!

I'm looking at the face lift Active Tourer but struggling with the options, I know what I'd like but that's not really what I need and the bank account does definitely come into play here!!

Leather seats are pretty high on my list of must haves so that's narrowed the spec down to Luxury or M Sport and price wise the finance is only both £5 a month between the two trims.

So I'm looking at the M Sport with LED Lights, Heated Seats & Steering wheel, and the PDC as this car screams out for front sensors (not sure I'd use the parking assist though as I never have on my Yeti in the two years I've had it). I'd probably delete the M Sport suspension as well (unless anyone recommends the active dampers instead).

If I was to go the Luxury root I'd want to add the Sports Seats as I like them better so that more than wipes out the slight price advantage. However the Luxury would come with 17's and non run flat tyres rather than the 18's a nd run flats on the M Sport. Any recomendations here? RFT seem to get a lot of bad press, surely they've got a bit better by now though? The only other thing I'd get with the Luxury is a better selection of colours - I could get that Sunset Orange I yearn for!

So apart from the above what else is essential or is priced too good to miss out on?

Oh, I'm looking at the 220i ( or potentially the 218i but it's only working out a few £ less so I'll forgo so MPG for some MPH )

psactivetourer

Re: How to spec the Active Tourer?

Post by psactivetourer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:17 am

I chose for my recent but pre-facelift 218i in addition to one or two packages:

autobox (excellent and reliable torque converter type but now changed to dual clutch type!!
rear view camera for reversing (excellent and essential);
electric folding mirrors;
spare wheel and jack (bargain for £75);
black paint (no charge);
turbine style wheels (no charge, but only in 16" so no use to you).

Bishthefish

Post by Bishthefish » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Cat Flap
Instead of the performance over economy of the 220i, why not have both (and all wheel drive) and go for a 225xe?
In March I ordered a 225xe for my next company car (currently driving a 64 plate 508SW in black which the kids call 'Dad's Hearse'!).
I was given an M-Sport as a demonstrator for four days at Christmas and was very impressed (the car had about £6k worth of options and it was rapid!). The main things I liked were the heated sports seats, adaptive LED lights and dimable folding mirrors. I wasn't too bothered about the panoramic sun roof or the HUD, but the professional Sat Nav was superb (shame it only comes with the HUD). I didn't think the reversing camera or up-rated stereo were worth the premium either.
When I put my first order in, I was going for the M Sport, but between me being invited to chose my car and the order going in, BMW (inconveniently!) brought in their face-lifted 2 series AT. This meant the car was off the list, then back in but no prices, then the price was in but no discount until fianly in March the discount was available to the lease company (Lex Autolease) enabling me to put in the order.
Unfortunately, because of the price increases between 18A and 18B (the face-lift) the M-Sport was off the list for my grade so I have ended up going for the Sport with solar glass, black roof rails, heated seats, run flats, folding mirrors, dimmable rear view mirror and black paint. I could have had the Luxury but would have had to sacrifice to many options (I would have only been able to get roof rails or run flats and that was about it) and had I would have had to put up with the normal seats which are not to comfortable or supportive, so went for the Sport with a bit more kit. Just got to wait until the end of July for the car to be delivered.
Alistair

catflap

Post by catflap » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Unfortunately the 225xe doesn’t have the support the 220 (and 218) currently have so not an option as over £100 a month more.

ellingtj
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ellingtj » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Are you definitely set on a petrol, the diesels have got strong support, 2k on the 220dX, which is the car I have just ordered. The xdrive cost 600 more than the standard with drive the deal discount (cooper Reading supplying). With leather seats you must have seat heating otherwise resale will be crap. Front sensors are a must , sun protection glass is good for the look, and the driver pack looks good value. My spec
Flamenco red
Oyster
Stream wood
546 wheels
Sun glass
HK
Heated steering wheel
Heated seats
Lumbar
Icon adaptive lights
Spare wheel
FR sensors
Rev cam
Folding door and rear view mirrors
Drive assist
Park assist
Extended lights.

catflap

Post by catflap » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Well after driving a 218d Grand Tourer and then a week later the 218i Active Tourer both in M Sport spec I’ve been and done it...

Ordered a 220i M Sport Active Tourer which is very strange as I was looking at SUVs!!!

Tried to take it easy on the options as they can quickly start to add up so just gone for

Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
LED Lights (not the Icon ones)
Driver Pack (had to have the front sensors so it seemed silly not to add this pack)
Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror (why isn’t this standard on a car like this?)

Oh and Estoril Blue, Oyster with HGB trim. (Just wish they did Sunset Orange in M Sport).

So I resisted the sun protection glass, folding mirrors, comfort access and rear view camera.

Having driven the M Sport I didn’t find the ride to be as uncomfortable as suggested. However I’m still wondering if I should have either deleted it or gone for the adaptive suspension which looks cheap at £150 but I worry it would just get left in comfort so I might as well have just had the standard setup. Thoughts anybody?

Just got to see how long a wait I’ve got not - 12 weeks was quoted which is the end of September.

ellingtj
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ellingtj » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:11 pm

I have adaptive on the 140, I'll just say that I didn't bother on the 220xd.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”