Baby BMW Forum banner

It has finally arrived.......

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bishthefish 
#1 ·
After waiting since February for my 1st order and March since my 2nd one, my 225xe (Sport in black) has finally arrived. It landed at work at 08:30 this morning and after a 30 - 40 minute hand over with the delivery driver, I just had to give it a short run out. First impressions are:

Quick (really quick compared to current 508 'Pug')
Engine and motor a really responsive
Handling is so much better than the 'Pug'
Sports seats are supportive and very comfortable
Cabin is light and airy with good all-round vision (not noticed the 'A-Pillar Blind Spot' yet!)
A cinch to maneuver and park
iDrive looks complicated (I will have to sit with my two boys and get them to show me how to use it!)

I will report further findings soon.

Alistair

#2 ·
Bishthefish said:
After waiting since February for my 1st order and March since my 2nd one, my 225xe (Sport in black) has finally arrived. It landed at work at 08:30 this morning and after a 30 - 40 minute hand over with the delivery driver, I just had to give it a short run out. First impressions are:

Quick (really quick compared to current 508 'Pug')
Engine and motor a really responsive
Handling is so much better than the 'Pug'
Sports seats are supportive and very comfortable
Cabin is light and airy with good all-round vision (not noticed the 'A-Pillar Blind Spot' yet!)
A cinch to maneuver and park
iDrive looks complicated (I will have to sit with my two boys and get them to show how to use it!)

I will report further findings soon.

Alistair
You have arrived?

Any Pictures of the new car?

#5 ·
ellingtj said:
Hot on the heels, had an email this evening, the 220 will be ready Friday!
Good news, guess you will be squeezing a few miles in at the weekend then!
Took the kids to Grandma's & Granddad's last night with the missus. Plenty of room for the boys in the back, although the eldest complained about sliding about a bit - that could be dad's enthusiastic driving though!

#6 ·
IMG_20180724_202228_143.jpg
IMG_20180724_202228_148.jpg
IMG_20180724_202228_146.jpg
IMG_20180724_202228_144.jpg

My eldest got some piccies last night.

Loving the performance. Two drives into work (17 miles each way) have given me 88 & 90 mpg respectively. I managed a full charge last night (27 mile in the battery) have got 14 left. On the way in this morning got stuck in some traffic behind an articulated tanker - stick to the left, foot down and off! Absolutely effortless over taking around the vehicles and safely back in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.