220d xdrive Msport winter wheels

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Sid10

220d xdrive Msport winter wheels

Post by Sid10 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi any one had winters fitted to their Msport xdrive ? Just wondering what size I can fit , dealers obviously want me to fit 18" but are not saying about 17 or 16" will they fit over the brake disc/ calipers or are the xdrive m sport the same size as the normal gran tourers ?

msej449
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 220d xdrive Msport winter wheels

Post by msej449 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 am

Have you looked at the BMW Wheel Configurator?

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owner ... onfig.html then <Start Wheel Configurator>

For your model, it lists 16", 17" as well as 18". All are 'square' configurations using 7J, 7.5J or 8J all-'round. But there's not a filter for MSport, so I suspect that the actual availability is more limited. My local dealer checked my VIN and emailed me the service pages that listed which wheels and tyres would fit. I then went back to the configurator to take a look.

Apart from the price from BMW, my only criticism is that the tyres quoted aren't always the latest versions. So I have Pirelli Winter Sottozero S3 on my M235i, which in some ways supersede the Serie-II used by BMW. I had Serie-II on my previous 330d xDrive, and would say that they handle better under dynamic driving on warm dry roads, but the S3s are definitely better in actual snow. Both are better than my summers in resistance to aquaplaning.

In the end, I went to an independent local dealer and got some Wolfrace 7.5Jx17 alloys and the S3s as I wanted the latter's better snow handling more than the Serie-II better dry handling.

And you're right to be careful about the M Performance brakes. My local independent wheel/tyre dealer knew about the clearance issue and tried fitting the wheels first, before putting tyres on the rims. If you ask for a quote from your BMW dealer, they'll check your VIN against the available wheels/tyres andyou'll know that they'll fit. But if you go independent, just make sure they're knowledgeable and even then, take the precaution of trying the wheels for fit before the tyres are put on. Many wheel manufacturers won't take a wheel back if it's the wrong size, once a tyre has been fitted to it.

When I got my set, BMW were doing an 'Under £1,000' winter wheels plus tyres offer, but only in certain sizes which I couldn't use.
2016 M235i Convertible Estoril Blue, Oyster & High Gloss Black

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”