Baby BMW Forum banner

BMW Lightning cable not working?

3K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  space 
#1 ·
I have just bought a BMW lightning cable 61122287504-02 for my 2008 E82 with Professional HU, iphone 6s.

The charging works fine and says lightning connected on the phone but when I play music there is nothing.

Any ideas?? Do I have to do any thing to get it to connect?

#6 ·
That's what works for my 6. I use the adapter on the cable rather than the push on version since it works with cases without hindrance.

#10 ·
The earlier version of the BMW Y cable are cheap to pick up now, this way you also get to use your steering wheel controls if fitted.

Ebay 172635108447

#11 ·
Well I bought the older 30 pin y cable and Iphone 6 adapter to go on the end but still not working??

My ipad which is 30 pin works fine though in the car using the cable.

Now what do i do? I notice there are 2 types of 30 pin y cables do I try the other one

I got this one

or do I need this one ?

#12 ·
The top one is the correct one with the DAC in it. Do yo know anyone else with a iPhone 6!to see if it's your phone?

Have you rebooted your phone?

#16 ·
I'd stake a kidney it's that generic Apple adapter. Many of those this say in the small print that they will charge but not do audio or Syncing.

#21 ·
Right got the genuine adapter and all working now......but the sound quality is worse than using just the aux in!
The cable is also so short there is no where to put my phone!

I think I have just about had enough and will stick with the aux in or get a bluetooth dongle!

#22 ·
Well done for getting it going I have the media pocket fitted under the armrest to cable length isn't an issue.

As far as sound quality are the files lossless or plain Jane 128mb rips? The stereo will highlight poor quality files.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.