Re: A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

Post by GingerOtter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 am

Tubes wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 am
GingerOtter wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:40 am
Tubes wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm
Is EBT working fully? Followed a set of instructions a friend gave me (from this thread) but I can’t get the option to add two phones but do appear to have some more (but not full) office functions but that might just be the update it ID6 lite....
You don’t get office even with factory option. Via Bimmercode the key things it does is being able to read text messages out loud in the car (only ones received whilst in the car) and ability to have two phones attached at the same time. Emails and calendar have always been available in ID5 via connected drive. Although email doesn’t always work. The exchange add on for Outlook solves this.

Tbh I found EBT to be hit and miss via Bimmercode. I don’t think all the coding is correct. Text msg function didn’t work immediately then started working 2 weeks later. The phones didn’t really work either. I could set up two phones but could never get them to connect at the same time. I removed the coding as don’t need it and to make sure I’m not messing up the system for no reason.

You may have better luck having it professionally coded but tbh it’s not worth it in my humble opinion.
Thanks.

The sole reason I’m looking for it is for connecting two phones, having to disconnect one and reconnect the other is tiresome and I frequently have people ringing both. I’m not particularly interested in any of the office functions, though email would be useful if in standstill traffic.
There is a load of info I think from page 12-14 on this thread on EBT and connecting phones which might help. Make sure both phones have notifications enabled in the Bluetooth settings on the phone and I think iPhone works better than android. When I did I had two phone symbols with the second one having a 2 by it. Connected two phones fine but wouldn’t switch between the 2 phones and defaulted to the first phone.

It did nothing for email. The new exchange option which you can buy from connected drive store if your car can have it is good.
66 M140i, Auto, F20, Sapphire Black, ACS Sports Suspension, Focal audio upgrade

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 am

Just been through pages 14-16. Reverted back my previous coding and followed again without luck. The office functionality has appeared I believe as I can now have the calendar updated etc however still can’t enable having two phones togther - I can’t find the option within
Idrive to enable telephone 2 which I assume means it hasn’t been coded correctly.

Will have a look at the outlook function, didn’t know that was available.

2016 Pro Nav with ID6 lite
iPhone X and iPhone 6s

GingerOtter
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GingerOtter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 am

Tubes wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 am
Just been through pages 14-16. Reverted back my previous coding and followed again without luck. The office functionality has appeared I believe as I can now have the calendar updated etc however still can’t enable having two phones togther - I can’t find the option within
Idrive to enable telephone 2 which I assume means it hasn’t been coded correctly.

iPhone X and iPhone 6s
The calendar updates without EBT. Outlook is exchange via connected drive store - you can do a 1 month trial.

It’s weird. The coding looks sound but most people who’ve tried coding EBT via this read have some sort of issue. Everything else seems to work other than the phones bit for me as well.

Wibbles on here will be able to get it to work I’m sure via Carly and remotely.

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

Ja50nK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ja50nK » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:58 am

GingerOtter wrote:
Tubes wrote:

iPhone X and iPhone 6s
The calendar updates without EBT. Outlook is exchange via connected drive store - you can do a 1 month trial.

It’s weird. The coding looks sound but most people who’ve tried coding EBT via this read have some sort of issue. Everything else seems to work other than the phones bit for me as well.

I concur. I don't have EBT (was going to try coding it) and my Calendar shows up with my connected Galaxy S7.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sunset Orange LCI2 M140i, Auto, 5 Door, MPE

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am

Ja50nK wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:58 am
GingerOtter wrote:
Tubes wrote:

iPhone X and iPhone 6s

I concur. I don't have EBT (was going to try coding it) and my Calendar shows up with my connected Galaxy S7.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Maybe I’ve just been looking at lot deaper into office than before....

So who has enough knowledge of Esys and Bimmercode that can compare the changes in Esys vs Bimmercode?

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 pm

So I’ve been out to get the car washed and I’ve got it sorted. Not sure how, I believe it’s down to coding Two_Parallel_Phones at the same time as the list on page 14. Either way phones are functioning. Texts are coming though instantly and being read as required.

Tried to download the exchange app from the store but it wouldn’t let me purchase it to test it out. Sure I must have to load my details into the connected drive portal in order to make a purchase.

GingerOtter
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GingerOtter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Tubes wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 pm
So I’ve been out to get the car washed and I’ve got it sorted. Not sure how, I believe it’s down to coding Two_Parallel_Phones at the same time as the list on page 14. Either way phones are functioning. Texts are coming though instantly and being read as required.

Tried to download the exchange app from the store but it wouldn’t let me purchase it to test it out. Sure I must have to load my details into the connected drive portal in order to make a purchase.
Good work sir. I also had two parallel phones coded but when I called my work phone it disconnected my personal phone so had to reconnect it. Might have to try recoding it again but glad to see it working.

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 pm

GingerOtter wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 pm
Tubes wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Good work sir. I also had two parallel phones coded but when I called my work phone it disconnected my personal phone so had to reconnect it. Might have to try recoding it again but glad to see it working.
So after a couple of days all messages are coming through and are able to be read, both phones remain connected and will ring at the same time if I get two calls. Contact pictures all working etc. Email coming through on the online mail section, though frequently it will kick me out and the messages can’t be read on the move which I understand but contradicts the SMS functionality. Can’t purchase the exhange sever app to test, both via the car or via the web. Just says error and fails.

shifty_dave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by shifty_dave » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Quick tip for Android users to save a few pennies when buying Bimmercode - You can pick up a £25 Google Play voucher for £24.30 through https://www.zeek.me/, and if you go to Zeek via Topcashback then you can get a bit more back. Feel free to register with my referral link! https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/shifty_dave
16 plate F20 M135i LCI / Auto / Passive Suspension / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / Comfort Package / Pro Media / Privacy Glass / Heated Seats

Redalex

Post by Redalex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Hello
I should change the resolution of the display, in the demo mode I find the selection, but when I connect to the ecu I can not find the link anymore, can someone help me?
Thank you

Donsaimon

Post by Donsaimon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

Hi, is there someway to have the two temperatures on bi-zone clima going accordingly? I would like that when I set a temperature on driver's side, the same temperature is set on passenger's side also...
I have a F31

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Where is everyone buying the vgate from for iPhone? The link on BimmerCode is American
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

AndytheGreek
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AndytheGreek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:48 pm

DannyBDJ wrote:Where is everyone buying the vgate from for iPhone? The link on BimmerCode is American
Amazon.
2017 M2

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 pm

AndytheGreek wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:48 pm
DannyBDJ wrote:Where is everyone buying the vgate from for iPhone? The link on BimmerCode is American
Amazon.
The one with terrible reviews? 😂
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

AndytheGreek
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AndytheGreek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Vgate iCar 2 WiFi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tools Interface Adapter Check Engine Light Car Diagnostics Tool for iOS iPhone iPad, Android Auto Sleep (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CG0XWDI/ ... fvLeN366Gz
2017 M2

Return to “Coding/Software”