BMW Approved Used - Should they have serviced it?

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

BMW Approved Used - Should they have serviced it?

Post by CynicalRobot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Hey All,

Ive recently bought a 135i from bmw approved used and the car had 9500 miles on it when i bought it.

Verbally i was told the car has an inspection when it came in from the previous owner, had an oil change and filters etc, a small service.

The cars idrive says im not due a service for a lot of miles yet.... i think its another 15k? but i can check tomorrow.

The sheet i signed showing what the dealer had done to the car... it has a box called service, they ticked it and crossed it out?

I emailed bmw uk today and they confirmed no service has ever been recorded on the car. However the dealer told me it had been prior to being re-sold to me.... can the car really go 25k miles without an oil change? its just hit two years old (was first registered jan 2016)

The car is absolutely fine i am very happy but i just cant figure out why it hasnt had a service registered?

Thanks
2016 BMW M135i LCI - Total Loss :cry:

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: BMW Approved Used - Should they have serviced it?

Post by Kerr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Some cars might just make 25k before requesting an oil change. That would be the very top limit of car on the condition based servicing. Most won't get that far.

However the limit is 2 years regardless of mileage. It's due a service now.

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Seems weird they would sell me a car and its due its service right now? wouldnt they have done that before selling it to me?

The idrive says no service due for another 2 years or a certain amount of miles and im sure it says over 15k.

They did tell me it had been serviced im sure of it.

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Sorry one more thing, i just put my reg in the bmw-service website and it has given me a quote of £0 for the service... at the bottom it says £0 may be indicated as you may have a service pack? where can i find out my service pack expiry?

Thanks!

gready

Post by gready » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 am

From BMW, used approved website:

"Service history meets BMW recommendations and if a service is due it will be carried out prior to delivery."

They might have forgotten to update idrive.

Maybe ask for something from dealer to prove it was done? And for them to update your electronic service record.

I had exact same on another car from different brand, when pushed they said it had been done and updated the online service history. But this said I wasn't convinced so had oil/filter changed myself to make sure all was happy.

un1eash
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by un1eash » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am

They must of changed their terms as didn't they use to carry out a service/mot if it was due in the next 3 months/3k miles.

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks guys, i will give the sales guy a call.

I dont mind paying for it dont get me wrong... i just want to keep the car with a full history and i believe idrive is wrong thats all :) and at the same time i dont want to give it a service if idrive is right and they havent updated the online record etc

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm

I just checked my idrive and it does say in the service history tab that it was carried out 19th December 2017, just a couple of days before i picked the car up.

BMW have given me a £350 price to carry out the first service but the car is saying its already done... im so confused.

Any words of advice will be great!

Peter9588
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Peter9588 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:41 pm

CynicalRobot wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm
I just checked my idrive and it does say in the service history tab that it was carried out 19th December 2017, just a couple of days before i picked the car up.

BMW have given me a £350 price to carry out the first service but the car is saying its already done... im so confused.

Surely you need to confirm with the dealer?
M135i, 64 plate, MG, Auto, Sunroof, Pro Nav, Electric Heated seats, Harman Kardon

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

Peter9588 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:41 pm
CynicalRobot wrote:

Dealer wont return my calls i have even text the sales exec who sold me the car but he wont reply either :(

I did email BMW UK though and a lady there as been very helpful to be fair. We have found out that it did have a service before they sold it to me and what the car states is correct. The car is saying the next service isnt due until 12/2019 / 18000miles.

However it is apparently upto the dealer to update the electronic service history records and they havent done so.

Would this cause me any problems if i were to sell the car in a couple of years? i just want to look after it and keep a proper service history.

Peter9588
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Peter9588 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm

CynicalRobot wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am
Peter9588 wrote:
CynicalRobot wrote:

Dealer wont return my calls i have even text the sales exec who sold me the car but he wont reply either :(

I did email BMW UK though and a lady there as been very helpful to be fair. We have found out that it did have a service before they sold it to me and what the car states is correct. The car is saying the next service isnt due until 12/2019 / 18000miles.

However it is apparently upto the dealer to update the electronic service history records and they havent done so.

Would this cause me any problems if i were to sell the car in a couple of years? i just want to look after it and keep a proper service history.
Can you physically go to the dealership?

Personally I'd want that updated myself.

FYI contacted the sales exec which sold me my m135i to try and get exhaust tips replaced. Exactly the same as you, no replies at all.
M135i, 64 plate, MG, Auto, Sunroof, Pro Nav, Electric Heated seats, Harman Kardon

CynicalRobot
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CynicalRobot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Peter9588 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm
CynicalRobot wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am
Peter9588 wrote:

Can you physically go to the dealership?

Personally I'd want that updated myself.

FYI contacted the sales exec which sold me my m135i to try and get exhaust tips replaced. Exactly the same as you, no replies at all.
To be fair the really nice reception lady at the dealer where i bought the car said i can pop over at anytime that the service centre is open and they will get someone to update the online log. Apparently it only takes a few minutes and usually they only do it when clients request it. As the car stores all the history this is usually enough when it comes to re-sale but i would still like it online and logged officially.

I was looking at getting the M Sport LSD fitted by them but the sales guy just wont return my calls. Ill probably go to cotswold, their guy on this forum got back to me super quick with a proper quote etc.

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Sales guys aren’t interested in selling parts.

Get in direct contact with the parts manager and get him to work on matching the best price you can find elsewhere.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”