Baby BMW Forum banner

The M140i photo thread

569K views 3K replies 588 participants last post by  Wezhaslam 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We run a Monthly Photo Competition, which gives you a chance to win a year of Premium membership and your car featured on the homepage. If you're posting in here, don't forget to enter there too!

----

Appears that we managed to miss this thread.
Thanks to one of the members for mentioning it.

Go ahead and link out to your M140i's

#1,478 ·
James T said:
Thanks mate, I'm happy with it.

Rear spoiler lip is Maxton designs, as is the front lip.

I have the BMW M performance side blades fitted, but you can't really see them in the photo.

It also has the "Motech Stance" - Eibach springs, front 12mm and rear 15mm spacers.
Awesome, i think ill have to see the side blades in the flesh on a car before committing to them, though maxton parts seem quite reasonably priced.

Any issues with the splitter, eibachs and speedbumps?

#1,479 ·
jimmybell said:
James T said:
Thanks mate, I'm happy with it.

Rear spoiler lip is Maxton designs, as is the front lip.

I have the BMW M performance side blades fitted, but you can't really see them in the photo.

It also has the "Motech Stance" - Eibach springs, front 12mm and rear 15mm spacers.
Awesome, i think ill have to see the side blades in the flesh on a car before committing to them, though maxton parts seem quite reasonably priced.

Any issues with the splitter, eibachs and speedbumps?
No issues at all, couldn't be happier!

#1,487 ·
Luckily the bulk of it was fitted before I collected the car (steering wheel with carbon insert, handbrake, gear lever and surround, and alcantera arm rest) I just bought the kit that contains the idrive console trim, dash trim and carbon door handles which my dealer got for me at a discount and I fitted myself.

Cost rrp is as follows but Cotswold do discount I'm sure

Steering wheel with carbon insert £690
Gear lever cover £179
Gear lever surround £97.50
Handbrake lever and cover £133
Centre armrest alcntara and carbon £199
M performance interior (I drive strip, centre dash, 4x door handles) £624

Hope this helps

I didn't fit this steering wheel but did do the one on my e60 550i with one royal steering wheels did for me and it's not a hard job tbh just make sure you disconnect the battery and wait a while before the airbag gets removed. Have seen a f20 how to on led steering wheel which would be a great help on here I think.

#1,488 ·
#1,494 ·
I have had my M140i almost three weeks now but didn't have a chance to post a picture. Here's one from day 1.. and no, I didn't get stuck in the snow. :D

Btw, could someone point me to section where I can change my signature? I have gone through User Control Panel but just can't seem to find it.

#1,496 ·
Just picked up this wee cracker up from Aberdeen and stopped off in Stonehaven for a bit of lunch ahead of wee drive home. More pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,498 ·
Shadak said:
It is under CP go to prifile tab and on the left there is a "edit sig" menu.

Is yours an xdrive? Or is the RWD safe in Finland? :)
It's actually RWD. If you look at the used market here, pretty much every M135i/M140i is XDrive so I think I'm in minority :). My previous cars have all been FWD so I wanted something that oversteers. Also, I like the idea that I have something to look forward to in the summer. So far no regrets. Studded Contis FTW. :D

About signature, I can't see the edit menu... I think I will contact admin:

#1,499 ·
Ville said:
Shadak said:
It is under CP go to prifile tab and on the left there is a "edit sig" menu.

Is yours an xdrive? Or is the RWD safe in Finland? :)
It's actually RWD. If you look at the used market here, pretty much every M135i/M140i is XDrive so I think I'm in minority :). My previous cars have all been FWD so I wanted something that oversteers. Also, I like the idea that I have something to look forward to in the summer. So far no regrets. Studded Contis FTW. :D

About signature, I can't see the edit menu... I think I will contact admin:
Strange, thats where it should be. Not sure if there are any restrictions. Maybe you need 20+ posts or something.