Baby BMW Forum banner

Problem with 118d 'Limp mode'

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jack79 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, but am really hoping someone can help me...and I apologise if this issue has already been discussed....but...

The waterpump on my daughters 2010 118d just went (at 77 miles, not really good enough from a BM if you ask me! anyhow, I digress), and the car overheated.

I replaced it myself, and with old cars, I've never had any trouble with a pretty simple job like this....

However, 100 yards into the test drive, the amber half shaded EML light came on, and the car went into limp mode, which it now keeps doing intermittently...my diag tool read code 4933, which I believe is to do with the air to the EGR not being within specified parameters?

So any how, my question is....has one thing lead to the other, and how might I go about fixing it? I heard the EGR on 2010 cars were far more reliable than the early ones?

Your help regarding this is massively appreciated!

Thanks

Simon

See less See more
#3 ·
Here guy had same problem. He changed EGR valve.
You have Wahler EGR, so it's worth to try clean it. Do not remove egr from car, only remove black cover like it is show on video. There is a valve that should work without problem. My was so dirty that it was blocked in one position. I had different error codes. After cleaning and use grease, it works without problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.