Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Connected drive on line music renewal

Post by McTrucky » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi all,
My 140i is about a year old. My one year trial of Deezer is coming to an end on 23rd July, so the on screen message is telling me every morning. This can be renewed in the 'store' within two weeks of the expiry date, it also tells me.

So, I renewed in the store (on my tablet) and paid my £160 late last week. Got my confirmation email with order number, and in the store, 'my orders' it says 'completed'.

But the car still tells me every morning that it will expire on 23rd.

So, do I have a problem? Should the car have been updated by now?
M140i Auto; Met Grey with Black Interior; MPower LSD; Bilstein B12; Underbody Brace; Lots of bells and whistles; Shinier than a new pin since I caught the cleaning bug... Give it a month...

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Connected drive on line music renewal

Post by McTrucky » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:07 pm

I now have an email from BMW saying I need to let it expire, then I can access the voucher to register again.

What is the chance of this working seamlessly... Maybe in the car , but I can see my use of deezer on other devices going for a burton.

But guess I need to wait and find out.
M140i Auto; Met Grey with Black Interior; MPower LSD; Bilstein B12; Underbody Brace; Lots of bells and whistles; Shinier than a new pin since I caught the cleaning bug... Give it a month...

Simon Site Manager
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Simon Site Manager » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 am

Hi, I had the same concerns as you, I renewed Deezer in May. It was seamless, it renewed automatically with all my favourites and playlists saved. Don't worry!

ferraris
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ferraris » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Are you finding that Deezer in the car has limitations on the number of playlists and albums you can have? I'm finding it only shows the most recent 100 playlists and doesn't display any albums beyond 150 (not sure about artists)?
now: F87 M2 in LBB
ex-F21 M140i 3 door in VO
ex-F21 125d M-Sport in VO
ex-Audi TT TDi
ex-123D M-Sport Coupe

Creepy Coupe
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Creepy Coupe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

£160. They know what they can do. My cancellation will be seamless.
M240i
Previous.M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E93 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.

McTrucky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by McTrucky » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 am

I was paying £10 a month for Spotify before taking the bmw deezer offer. So for an extra £40 a year, I think this is a bit of a bargain...

What I might do is switch to Napster if it gives me the chance rather than auto renew Deezer. I prefer the interface on android when using it (not in the car obviously) and understand it starts playing new selections much quicker than deezer as it does not buffer the whole track before starting to play. It also has a Spotify style song radio which I can't easily get on Deezer.

So, do you think I will be able to switch?
Any Napster users out there want to comment on what it is like in car?

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”