Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis, eddbluespark

unrealvirusuk

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by unrealvirusuk »

I have fitted a bluespark tuning box to my 2013 PWG 135i today and like a few have said it feels very lumpy the car feels loads better in its stock form. What can I do to stop this? Thanks

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark »

The best thing you can do is call us and I or one of the team will be able to help you out. We do check the forums now and then but its only by blind luck that I saw this today.

This kind of thing is normally pretty easily resolvable. Our number is 0191 385 9005. Just give us a ring in the morning.

Best Regards,
Edd
Bluespark Automotive Ltd - Plug and Play Tuning Solutions - See what we can do for your BMW here: https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-tuning

MrWhitehouseM140i

Post by MrWhitehouseM140i »

Just ordered my BS box for my 67Plate M140i Shadow Edition. I can’t wait to fit it and see the results for myself. It’s certainly been interesting to read this feed. All in all, feedback seems very positive.

mw135i

Post by mw135i »

Having just bought and fitted one of these wee beasties to my 2016 M135i I thought it would be polite to leave my initial comments.

Installation is as easy as they say, the hardest part was unplugging the sensor clips.

First drive was nerve-wracking as I am still on the stock charge pipe (Forge is on the way). I took it easy and initially rolled onto the power until I was sure that the charge pipe wasn't going to instantly grenade (I do feel they might be a little tougher than the forum fear-mongering would have us believe).

The first thing I noticed was the torque increase. Obviously these cars do not lack torque from the factory but after a couple of pulls it is clear that there is substantially more grunt which is complimented as the revs rise by a willingness to keep pulling until your'e out of road or courage.

Of course these are my initial feelings and only time will tell how the car responds to prolonged use.

I have read comments regarding lumpiness/ poor performance, from my initial tests this does not seem to be the case. The car is silky smooth with no noticeably changes. Perhaps it is a problem reserved for M140i?

In short, the bang-for-buck factor is massive with this product and I am thoroughly impressed. It's nice to experience that holy-crap feeling again, like the first time I planted it in the stock car.
2016 Valencia Orange M135i with MPE & MHD Stage 1.

JackS

Post by JackS »

I don't suppose anyone has any experience using one on a B38 engine?
I'm considering a Bluespark for my 118i, so I'm just curious if anyone has any feedback before I make an order.

Cheers

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark »

We have had a few B38 118i's in, they make nice gains.

I'm keen to try one of our 3 channel units on the 118i if you are in or could travel to the North East too.
BMW 118i 2017 Pro Petrol.png
BMW 118i 2017 Pro Petrol.png (42.27 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Bluespark Automotive Ltd - Plug and Play Tuning Solutions - See what we can do for your BMW here: https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-tuning

JackS

Post by JackS »

eddbluespark wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:49 pm

I'm keen to try one of our 3 channel units on the 118i if you are in or could travel to the North East too.

Cheers for that graph!
I'm in the North East, about 25 minutes away from you. Want me to drop a message on Facebook or something?
2018 118i F21 B38, Mineral Grey

RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by RickN55 »

Thought I'd join in with my thoughts on the Bluespark box for the N55.

I ran on setting C for a bit, I found it to be okay, but higher up it seemed to run out of puff very diesel like but I'm thinking this is due to mine being the earlier PWG model with the smaller turbo set up limiting power in the higher RPM, also I found on acceleration in 7th and 8th gear around 60-70mph the car felt a bit lumpy like it was missing on and off boost, which it didn't do before the Bluespark was put on nor after it was taken off with the car stock again so I definitely knew it wasn't my car itself. So I took it off and tried setting D, no problems since and the car really shifts in setting D noticeably quicker than setting C and stock, I mean it's not turned it into an M3 Slayer but it is quite a lot quicker than it was stock especially mid range.
I'm not sure if there is any difference in power or torque output in setting C or D or whether it is just a more aggressive set up in D which makes it quicker? Be interesting to hear from Bluespark on that one? Also are there two seperate tuning boxes for the M135i ie one for the earlier PWG model and one for the EWG with the bigger turbo and downpipe set up, or all boxes just the same for both varients?

I feel for the money these things cost, they offer great bang for buck, easy to fit and remove, tbh Stevie Wonder could probably fit it on the N55 it's that easy, all the reviews I've seen online praise how good they are.
F21 June 2013 build AW M135i N55 PWG ZF8 (Sun protection package + 20% tint, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Perf grills, rear spoiler and fins) Full Twenty20 LED bulb upgrade, ITG Panel filter, Bluespark

Guzza

Post by Guzza »

eddbluespark wrote:

Did you ever get chance to try the three channel unit in the b38 engine Ed? Any luck significant gains if so?

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark »

Guzza wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:45 pm
eddbluespark wrote:

Did you ever get chance to try the three channel unit in the b38 engine Ed? Any luck significant gains if so?
I still haven't, we have had a load of people go for the more basic Pro Petrol option and been very happy with it, but I haven't had anyone with a 118i in on the dyno recently to test the 3 channel unit. Dyno testing has been more limited than usual since all the COVID business, If you fancied coming to see us I'm sure we could work something out though.

RickN55

Post by RickN55 »

eddbluespark wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:06 am
Guzza wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:45 pm
eddbluespark wrote:

I still haven't, we have had a load of people go for the more basic Pro Petrol option and been very happy with it, but I haven't had anyone with a 118i in on the dyno recently to test the 3 channel unit. Dyno testing has been more limited than usual since all the COVID business, If you fancied coming to see us I'm sure we could work something out though.
Is there any power difference between setting C and D on the N55 or is it just how it delivers power that makes it feel quicker? Also are there two seperate boxes for the
N55 PWG and N55 EWG or is it just one box for both variants?
F21 June 2013 build AW M135i N55 PWG ZF8 (Sun protection package + 20% tint, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Perf grills, rear spoiler and fins) Full Twenty20 LED bulb upgrade, ITG Panel filter, Bluespark

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark »

RickN55 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm
Is there any power difference between setting C and D on the N55 or is it just how it delivers power that makes it feel quicker? Also are there two seperate boxes for the
Yes there is a power difference. On an EWG model setting D will make a touch more power and torque, but it is right on the limit of the stock intercooler.

You can use the same firmware on PWG and EWG models, (the box itself is the same) but I have a few variations depending upon particular setups.

RickN55

Post by RickN55 »

eddbluespark wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:35 pm
RickN55 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm
Yes there is a power difference. On an EWG model setting D will make a touch more power and torque, but it is right on the limit of the stock intercooler.

You can use the same firmware on PWG and EWG models, (the box itself is the same) but I have a few variations depending upon particular setups.
Setting D feels far better than C, noticeably faster for sure. What would you expect a stock PWG to roughly make on setting D?

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark »

On a PWG model, peak figures aren't typically any different between setting C and D, its the difference in midrange that you tend to feel. At the top end the turbo outlet on the PWG becomes the bottleneck.

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”