Unofficial Picture Thread

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F40.
Manufactured from 2019

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

P-ToK72
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Unofficial Picture Thread

Post by P-ToK72 »

Wrex wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm
P-ToK72 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi Wrex, no red stripe thankfully. The sticky strip has a red peel but I think you are referring to the red band on their back window on the website.

The spoiler is gloss black on the top and matt on the bottom. It has a Maxton badge on top and bottom.

As you said it’s quite subtle but I am sure it will get mixed views.
Yeah the red band on the back window. Not keen on that.

Yeah I like it on your car, looks good in gloss black and suits it! Im considering one, that’s why I asked about the red bit Incase there are 2 variations of the spoiler?

And is the logo on the spoiler removable?
Looking at the website there is one variation but with 3 options of finish (textured, gloss, carbon look). I think with some of the other bits you have an option of coloured strips.

Regarding the logo removal I haven’t tried myself. There was a hologram sticker which was a PITA to remove but eventually realized that tar and glue remover would dissolve the residue.

Kyle said above that he removed the logo badge from his splitter so don’t see why this shouldn’t be the same.
M135i xDrive
Alpine White with Black Leather, M135i Pack and Tech Pack

Wrex
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Wrex »

P-ToK72 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:40 pm
Wrex wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm
P-ToK72 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi Wrex, no red stripe thankfully. The sticky strip has a red peel but I think you are referring to the red band on their back window on the website.

The spoiler is gloss black on the top and matt on the bottom. It has a Maxton badge on top and bottom.

As you said it’s quite subtle but I am sure it will get mixed views.
Yeah the red band on the back window. Not keen on that.

Yeah I like it on your car, looks good in gloss black and suits it! Im considering one, that’s why I asked about the red bit Incase there are 2 variations of the spoiler?

And is the logo on the spoiler removable?
Looking at the website there is one variation but with 3 options of finish (textured, gloss, carbon look). I think with some of the other bits you have an option of coloured strips.

Regarding the logo removal I haven’t tried myself. There was a hologram sticker which was a PITA to remove but eventually realized that tar and glue remover would dissolve the residue.

Kyle said above that he removed the logo badge from his splitter so don’t see why this shouldn’t be the same.
You don’t happen to know how it’s fitted or if it’s easy to fit?

Rich345

Post by Rich345 »

Woop Woop! finally got my car :D

Ste118dF40

Post by Ste118dF40 »

She's a beaut.. Congrats. Get mine on Monday.. It feels like I've been waiting forever..

Kyle_BMW

Post by Kyle_BMW »

M Performance Front aero flicks arrived today from Cotswold BMW -

Ian66
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ian66 »

Rich345 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am
Woop Woop! finally got my car :D

Congrats!!! Enjoy ................... :fest:

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

Recently had the car ceramic coated and protected all around, exterior, interior, glass and wheels. What a difference it’s made to the Alpine White paintwork, has a great glossy look to it now! Pictures won’t ever do it justice but if anyone’s around the South Wales area highly recommend Flawless Detailing in Swansea!! Here are some photos just after I picked it up -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attachments
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg (60.66 KiB) Viewed 301 times

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

Silurian

Post by Silurian »

Impressive. Would this tretament be similar and presumably an alternative to Autoglym?

What other services do Flawless Detailing offer - I'm just down the road in Porthcawl.
F40 ... 118i Sport ~ mineral white metallic; pano sunroof; Comfort 1; Tech 2; sun-protection glass; head-up display. Ordered 26 Jun 2020.
south Wales

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

Silurian wrote:Impressive. Would this tretament be similar and presumably an alternative to Autoglym?

What other services do Flawless Detailing offer - I'm just down the road in Porthcawl.
It’s much better than the AutoGlym one they offer at BMW, I had mine chucked in free from BMW when I bought the car and there’s nothing particularly wrong with it, but this is a much more thorough, in depth protection/detailing. Have a look on their website, new car protection is what I had but they offer a few other detailing services also! Mention me if you head down to them haha

RickZ007
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by RickZ007 »

How much did they charge, I've looked at having mine protected with Gtechniq ceramic products to be quoted prices between £650 and £850 for the various products Gtechniq do. Two months ago I applied some Gtechnic C2 V3 to mine and the wife's cars and two months later both cars are still beading well and muck comes off so much easier than before. I'm now having second thoughts about paying so much for a ceramic coat when C2 V3 is doing such a good job and should only require a couple of applications a year in line with maintenance coats required for ceramic products....
M135i Xdrive - Macan 2.0 facelift - Macan 2.0 - SQ5 petrol - GLC Coupe Premium Plus - S5 cabrio - SQ5 diesel - TTS cabrio

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

RickZ007 wrote:How much did they charge, I've looked at having mine protected with Gtechniq ceramic products to be quoted prices between £650 and £850 for the various products Gtechniq do. Two months ago I applied some Gtechnic C2 V3 to mine and the wife's cars and two months later both cars are still beading well and muck comes off so much easier than before. I'm now having second thoughts about paying so much for a ceramic coat when C2 V3 is doing such a good job and should only require a couple of applications a year in line with maintenance coats required for ceramic products....
So they start from £299 for the new car protection package but that’s size dependant and just the basic package etc. I opted for the complete overall protection which included exterior paint correction and machine polish to remove any scratches, swirls, defects etc to begin with. Two layer ceramic coating for the exterior, coating for the the interior and wheels/alloys. They also detailed the engine bay, removed the wheels, coated the callipers and dressed the arch liners. Overall I paid £599. They had the car for three days and I’m massively impressed with the results. I also had two prominent stone chips on the bonnet and which I mentioned to Jack and honestly when I picked it up I couldn’t even tell you where the stone chips were. They touched them up for me and now looks overall 10x better than when I picked it up!

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

RhysT97 wrote:
RickZ007 wrote:How much did they charge, I've looked at having mine protected with Gtechniq ceramic products to be quoted prices between £650 and £850 for the various products Gtechniq do. Two months ago I applied some Gtechnic C2 V3 to mine and the wife's cars and two months later both cars are still beading well and muck comes off so much easier than before. I'm now having second thoughts about paying so much for a ceramic coat when C2 V3 is doing such a good job and should only require a couple of applications a year in line with maintenance coats required for ceramic products....
So they start from £299 for the new car protection package but that’s size dependant and just the basic package etc. I opted for the complete overall protection which included exterior paint correction and machine polish to remove any scratches, swirls, defects etc to begin with. Two layer ceramic coating for the exterior, coating for the the interior and wheels/alloys. They also detailed the engine bay, removed the wheels, coated the callipers and dressed the arch liners. Overall I paid £599. They had the car for three days and I’m massively impressed with the results. I also had two prominent stone chips on the bonnet and which I mentioned to Jack and honestly when I picked it up I couldn’t even tell you where the stone chips were. They touched them up for me and now looks overall 10x better than when I picked it up!

And forgot to mention, the glass was also polished and ceramic coated!

RickZ007
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by RickZ007 »

RhysT97 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:12 am
RhysT97 wrote:

And forgot to mention, the glass was also polished and ceramic coated!

Thanks for the info, what brand of coating is it......
M135i Xdrive - Macan 2.0 facelift - Macan 2.0 - SQ5 petrol - GLC Coupe Premium Plus - S5 cabrio - SQ5 diesel - TTS cabrio

RhysT97

Post by RhysT97 »

No problem Rick, they use IGL coatings!

Return to “F40 (2019-tbd)”