Calling all storm bay owners!

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F40.
Manufactured from 2019

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Carlosfandang0
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Calling all storm bay owners!

Post by Carlosfandang0 »

RichT001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 am
I’m very glad I went with SB, it’s the best colour for the M135i, IMO. It does a good job of hiding the dirt, which is always handy, and doesn’t seem to show swirls as much as other colours. I know they’re there, but struggle to see them in most lights!
Sweet! That’s what I like to hear. 🙂
Ordered and set for September delivery-
Storm Bay M135i, TechPack1, M135i PlusPack, ComfortPack2, Panoramic Roof, Load through, Lumbar.
Gone- 2016 Carbon grey Mk7 Golf GTI

Kugaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kugaman »

RichT001 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 am
I’m very glad I went with SB, it’s the best colour for the M135i, IMO. It does a good job of hiding the dirt, which is always handy, and doesn’t seem to show swirls as much as other colours. I know they’re there, but struggle to see them in most lights!
Each to their own.....aside from black, its the worst colour for an m135i in my eyes!

A 235i GC has appeared in our local town in SB.........colour just doesnt sit right on the car...makes it look really Slab sided for some reason.....

jonf84

Post by jonf84 »

Carlosfandang0 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm
To all you guys and gals who have ordered and received your shiny new car in storm bay metallic, how are you getting on with the colour? Do you like it? How would you best describe the colour now you’ve had time to see it in many different lighting conditions? And most of all, are you happy with your decision? 🤔
I was really torn between story bay and misano blue, but went for MB in the end. Whilst my car hasn't been delivered yet, I've seen both MB and SB out on the road and I think the MB will put a bigger smile on my face. Good luck deciding. :?
1 series 118i M Sport DCT Auto, Misano Blue, Black w/blue highlight leather seats, Berlin interior trim, Sun protection glass, Comfort access, Enhanced Bluetooth and wireless charging, Tech pack 2, Parking assistant, and Lumbar support

Sully

Post by Sully »

Must admit, was torn when we ordered storm bay, that we should have gone for misano blue as the test car was in misano blue (looks amazing agreed), fully speced with all the m performance parts, minus the stickers
In a 1hr test drive it got so much attention, including numerous chavs attempting to race us, even a banana a35 was gunning for us twice 🤣 let's just say he lost.
More than happy we went for the storm bay now . It looks amazing and goes more under the rader than every twat in a cap trying to race you.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1599935665408.jpg
FB_IMG_1599935665408.jpg (55.86 KiB) Viewed 341 times

Merc7

Post by Merc7 »

Sully wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 pm
Must admit, was torn when we ordered storm bay, that we should have gone for misano blue as the test car was in misano blue (looks amazing agreed), fully speced with all the m performance parts, minus the stickers
In a 1hr test drive it got so much attention, including numerous chavs attempting to race us, even a banana a35 was gunning for us twice 🤣 let's just say he lost.
More than happy we went for the storm bay now . It looks amazing and goes more under the rader than every twat in a cap trying to race you.
You can’t blame them, that car looks like it’s wearing a backwards baseball cap. Quite a high radar.

Sully

Post by Sully »

Merc7 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 am
Sully wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 pm
You can’t blame them, that car looks like it’s wearing a backwards baseball cap. Quite a high radar.
🤣🤣 Fair play sir 🤣🤣

DPG87
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DPG87 »

Definitely happy with it, only caveat is I font think the cerium grey goes well with storm bay at all so I’d swap out for gloss black

Carlosfandang0
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Carlosfandang0 »

DPG87 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am
Definitely happy with it, only caveat is I font think the cerium grey goes well with storm bay at all so I’d swap out for gloss black
Yeah I agree, Cotswold will be swapping out the cerium parts for gloss black before collection. 👌
Storm Bay M135i, TechPack1, M135i PlusPack, ComfortPack2, Panoramic Roof, Load through, Lumbar.

DPG87
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DPG87 »

Carlosfandang0 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am
DPG87 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am
Yeah I agree, Cotswold will be swapping out the cerium parts for gloss black before collection. 👌
Nice 👍🏻 definitely made a big difference when I swapped them over

Dean_M
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dean_M »

Steven1077 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:25 pm
Always think it looks like they forgot the top coat, but I guess it's just me :lol:
It’s not just you

ttattwa

Post by ttattwa »

That's really personal preference but I always thought that the cerium parts go well with most of the M135i colors but not with Storm Bay, for some reason. It looks specially nice on white, blue, and mineral gray imho.

I like the colour though. That last picture on this thread looks sick!

AdamG

Post by AdamG »

I chose it without actually seeing it in person, risky decision, but one I’m glad I made. Pictures don’t really do it justice. A lot of pictures I saw looked a shade of blue, which has only been noticeable with mine in really bright sunlight.

It really doesn’t look well with the cerium grill etc though, in my opinion. The back end looks well with the black of the diffuser, but the front looks a bit like a pensioners Astra. Definitely needs the gloss black parts fitting.

RichT001
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by RichT001 »

AdamG wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 am
I chose it without actually seeing it in person, risky decision, but one I’m glad I made. Pictures don’t really do it justice. A lot of pictures I saw looked a shade of blue, which has only been noticeable with mine in really bright sunlight.

It really doesn’t look well with the cerium grill etc though, in my opinion. The back end looks well with the black of the diffuser, but the front looks a bit like a pensioners Astra. Definitely needs the gloss black parts fitting.
Same here, I hadn’t seen it in the flesh, but was very pleased with my decision. And I’ve changed all my cerium to black as well.
F40 M135i - 4 wheels, headlights, engine, cigarette lighter, windscreen wipers, horn, rubber boot mat, dog guard.
2020 Ducati Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour - 2 wheels, engine, seat.

Moots

Post by Moots »

WHats the cost on changing the Cerium to black?

The more i see of storm bay the more I’m doubting my decision and I think I’m just going to go with Black instead, as it just seems to suit the car IMO.

Carlosfandang0
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Carlosfandang0 »

Moots wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am
WHats the cost on changing the Cerium to black?

The more i see of storm bay the more I’m doubting my decision and I think I’m just going to go with Black instead, as it just seems to suit the car IMO.
Gloss Black Grill - around £100
Gloss Black Canards - around £50 each
Auto iD Gloss mirror caps £99 ( I’ve gone with 3K twill carbon @ £117 from UKCarbon)

Fitting varies by vendor, but for me it is £150 inc VAT @ cotswold BMW before collection.

black paintwork (particularly metallic black) will be a nightmare to keep clean and swirl free! Any stone chips will also stick out like a sore thumb, not to say you shouldn’t go for it but having had carbon steel grey on my last two Golfs I’ve had enough of constantly having to work hard to keep the paint looking tip top.

Return to “F40 (2019-tbd)”