Renault Megane RS 275 Cup S

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Renault Megane RS 275 Cup S

Post by marco_polo »

M4 pads are fast-road pads really, I wouldn't use them on Track myself - unless you're happy with short stints.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius »

marco_polo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:04 pm
M4 pads are fast-road pads really, I wouldn't use them on Track myself - unless you're happy with short stints.
I would be up for improving the braking performance on my car. What do you recommend? FYI I will unlikely track my car.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Tiberius wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 am
marco_polo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:04 pm
I would be up for improving the braking performance on my car. What do you recommend? FYI I will unlikely track my car.
M2 / M4 (Textar) Pads are GF rated, so they'll feel more aggressive at normal temperatures (vs the standard FF rated Jurids). Obviouly at high temp (Track) they'll be no better than stock, but that doesn't apply to you. Guaranteed OEM quality, and BMW stamped, so the least likely to give you any warranty/insurance headaches.

Current formulation Yellowstuff aren't very subtle looking, but tried and tested for fast road use. One chap on here was recommending the GG rated Ceramic Akebono's, but I've not tried those myself.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

wrevilo23
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by wrevilo23 »

I had a relatively low mileage 265 Cup in perfect condition for a couple of years before my 130i. I loved it and still think about it a lot! I only moved on from it as I began a new job that meant I was starting to do a lot more mileage and I wanted to experience an NA 6 cylinder before they disappeared.

The handling was incredible; it reacted instantly and there was a lot of grip and no real roll. My 130i feels sluggish and slow to react in comparison.

Here are the photos I used to sell it to K-Tec:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/69K1vRoF8k31ymCUA
2008 E81 130i M Sport: 135i backbox, E92 M3 LCAs & camber pin mod, F2x Brembo front brakes

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius »

wrevilo23 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:36 pm
I had a relatively low mileage 265 Cup in perfect condition for a couple of years before my 130i.
The pearl white looks lush!
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

There were a minimum of thirty Renaults driving through my home area today so obviously a club or forum meet. Looked quite impressive.

Return to “Other Cars”