tracker

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

cbr600ant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: tracker

Post by cbr600ant »

Any peeps know if the insurance bandits are now giving a discount in premium with the Ghost fitted yet.
I remember reading some time ago that it didn’t reduce premiums even though it looks like a fantastic bit of bit to me 🤷🏼‍♂️
2017 Manual sunset orange F20 M140i shadow edition, pro nav, h/k,sunroof,baby seat!

pje16
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by pje16 »

Not sure that they do and don't know why not
You only have to look around this forum to seen how many cars have been stolen and it prevents that
(Naysayers will bang on now about it being picked up on a trailer ( it will still be useless to the scum when they unload it at the other end)
Last edited by pje16 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 BMW F22 220d
Ex 2004 E46 BMW320d

cbr600ant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by cbr600ant »

I’m relatively certain that a thatcham approved alarm/immobilized car can be flat bedded away too!!
2017 Manual sunset orange F20 M140i shadow edition, pro nav, h/k,sunroof,baby seat!

Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

I also declare I have a tracking device for the purposes of insurance, however, I am well aware of its limitations.
-- BW Custom Tune -- 430bhp / 625Nm --

Nyxeris
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Nyxeris »

Make sure you've properly read the terms to work out what your insurers consider a tracker - had that rigmarole with the Defender's renewal. If you've declared a tracker and the car goes walkies, the very first thing they'll do is ask for the tracker's access info. If they find out it doesn't meet their specific definition, the very second thing they'll do is bin your claim, cancel your policy and leave you with no car and and a claim refusal and policy cancellation on your record for the rest of your driving career.
E81 130i | Build Thread

Daewar
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Daewar »

I have gap insurance for the first 4 years. Its a bit sad, but if someone nicks my car I'm better off cause I get all my money back. Tracker not needed.
BMW M140i Shadow Edition 2019

M80CUB

Post by M80CUB »

Just a quick ok about the 4g inbuilt sim.. Had my 530e and Mini Cooper S stolen a few weeks ago... thieves just ripped the connected drive module out of the car before driving off... leaving the bmw system useless.

Bmw/Mini also couldn’t trace either cars. A hidden tracker or Ghost is much better than relying on the cars inbuilt as they are all easily disabled.

pje16
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by pje16 »

Ghost is well hidden in my car
2018 BMW F22 220d
Ex 2004 E46 BMW320d

danfe

Post by danfe »

The Autowatch Ghost may well invalidate any warranty relating to electrical components though as it isn't BMW approved.

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”