Spotify/Apps no longer working via iDrive (ProNav)

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

chamberslad

Spotify/Apps no longer working via iDrive (ProNav)

Post by chamberslad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:44 am

Hi All,

I have an odd problem with my m140i. Since I have had the car (July 2017) I was able to connect my phone (iphone 7 [11.0.3]) to the iDrive via bluetooth and control spotify. About 2 weeks ago this function just stopped working (phone has not updated and I have since tried with an iphone 5s [10.3.3.] and an iphone 6s [10.3.3] with the same results.

When I used to connect a phone via Bluetooth it gave me 3 options: Telephone / Bluetooth Audio / Apps - the Apps option is no longer available for any phone that I pair to the car, has anyone experienced this?

I spoke to BMW customer services who advised me to re-pair the phone (done), update the BMW iDrive services via the iDrive menu (done) all of which made no difference. The phone functions all work perfectly as they did before but without the Apps/Spotify integration which is really frustrating!

My next step is to take it to the dealer (Wollaston) but I am sure I must be able to resolve this without having the hassle of a trip there....

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,

chesterflaps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Spotify/Apps no longer working via iDrive (ProNav)

Post by chesterflaps » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I have the exact same issue. I’ve had my car less than 2 weeks. For the first few days all worked perfectly.

I find that you have to go in to ‘manage mobile devices’, disconnect and reconnect the device. Then wait a few seconds and see if the apps check box auto fills. If not, click on the check box and eventually Spotify will show in media again. I have to do this almost every time and I’ll be heading to the dealer to attempt to speak to the ‘genius’ my Bmw welcome letter refers to.

chamberslad

Re: Spotify/Apps no longer working via iDrive (ProNav)

Post by chamberslad » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Mine has magically fixed itself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”