Baby BMW Forum banner

Sydney meet? How many ppl from Sydney?

9K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  moxonic 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

How many people do we have from Sydney Australia?

Kermit-1979

#7 ·
syd130 said:
Tiny little bit late,.......... actually you missed the party all together but don't worry - we can always organize another one :D
Hmmmmm, well I was sort of early to the party as the 130i came a little premature and I had to organise finance quick smart to snap her up!

So, what options have we all got?

I've got a 2007 BMW E87 130i M Sport with the optioned up 18" wheels (on non-run flats), sunroof, dark tint... not quite sure what was an option back then, as if I was to spec mine up in the new model it seems many things that were standard are no longer!

Located in the Inner West also.

Previous rides?

05' RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup - purchased new
04' Ford Fiesta Zetec - purchased new

So, this is my first used car! And absolutely loving it.

#8 ·
Sounds like the price was really good if you had to snap it up? :wink:

Mine is 2006 with 18" and non run flats with sunroof and dark tint.
BMW have lowered the price of 130i when 135i was released (my guess is 130i looked expensive next to 135i) but at the same time they have taken few things out of the car and put them on the options list to justify the 6K price drop. If I'm not mistaken these days you have to pay for xenons and power seats where previoulsy they were standard.

130i seems like a natural progession from 182, from everything I read that thing is a hoot to drive...

#9 ·
Well, it was $45,500 and had only 25,000kms on it! Plus, good trade in on my previous ride too.

Which non run flats have you gone with? Keen to hear!

Yea, I understand that's the case. I think it was more in comparison to the 125i; the 135i is still quite expensive! But yes, xenons are stupidly an option. When the R32 can have it standard, I'm not sure why BMW can't! Even the Clio had xenons standard, since 2002!

Yes, the 182 was an amazing car. The 130i was definitely progression. In fact, I asked Motor Magazine what they thought and last month's magazine had it published (letter named 'Hatch Hunt'). They agreed that I should get the 130i!

Taking her down to Albury and back through Thredbo in late May, so it will be a great drive near Mount Hotham, Mount Buffalo and Mount Bright. Can't wait

#12 ·
Fronts are 225/40/18 and rears 245/35/18.

I swapped the tyres thinking ride quality will be improved, while this was the case the improvment was marginal but feel through the steering wheel and grip (especially in the wet) are much better.
Next set I want to try 225/40 all around.

#14 ·
So anymore from Sydney or downunder??

I am about to pick up a 06 model 130i hopefully next week... :D really looking forward to it.
The car is with Melbourne dealer so I will be driving it back to Sydney. Cannot wait. :spotman:

I am planning to ditch the RFs (store it in the garage until time to sell the car) and fit normal tyres. Do you think this will have any impact on the warranty? The car will come with 3 yrs BMW warranty.

Anywhere I can find cargo net for 130i?
I am also interested in picking up the optional 18s if someone thinking of changing theirs to aftermarket rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.