Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
User avatar
dino355
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Norf Laaaannndaaaan
Contact:

Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

Post by dino355 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

I need to know which bushes to order for my 135i when the M3 LSD is fitted.

Do I get M3 items or e82 items?

Thanks
M2 LCI

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 50815
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

Post by marco_polo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:08 am

Most people fit the entire E93 rear beam. Do you need to modify a propshaft?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

User avatar
dino355
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Norf Laaaannndaaaan
Contact:

Re: Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

Post by dino355 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:17 pm

marco_polo wrote:Most people fit the entire E93 rear beam. Do you need to modify a propshaft?
Yes the prop is being modified.

What are the advantages of fitting the entire m3 rear subframe?
M2 LCI

User avatar
0l0dom0l0
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2853
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

Post by 0l0dom0l0 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:33 pm

dino355 wrote:
marco_polo wrote:Most people fit the entire E93 rear beam. Do you need to modify a propshaft?
Yes the prop is being modified.

What are the advantages of fitting the entire m3 rear subframe?
Rear subframe is lighter I believe, but the main reason to do the swap is to get the much better and stiffer M3 subframe bushes that eliminate a lot of the 'loose' rear end that the non m cars seem to suffer from.
2007 130i LE - BMWP Exhaust, Strut Brace, Air Filter, Short Shift kit and Handbrake.
B12 KIT with M3 LCA and TS.
Plus Cruise Control, Digital Speedo, CDV Delete, Camber Pin Mod, OEM LED Numberplate Lights, Brighter Non-dimming OEM Angel Eyes.

User avatar
dino355
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Norf Laaaannndaaaan
Contact:

Re: Fitting e9x M3 LSD to 135i - which diff mounts/bushes?

Post by dino355 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:04 pm

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
dino355 wrote:
marco_polo wrote:Most people fit the entire E93 rear beam. Do you need to modify a propshaft?
Yes the prop is being modified.

What are the advantages of fitting the entire m3 rear subframe?
Rear subframe is lighter I believe, but the main reason to do the swap is to get the much better and stiffer M3 subframe bushes that eliminate a lot of the 'loose' rear end that the non m cars seem to suffer from.
I've already bought a full set of M3 control arms, subframe bushes and arb bushes. The only bush/mount I've not bought was for the diff.
M2 LCI

Post Reply

Return to “How To's”