Webasto car heater

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Webasto car heater

Post by MichalS » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 am

So there is a auxilary car heater by webasto retofit kit for E82 (PN: 64 50 0 417 598). Does anyone have retrofit instructions?

Michael
E82 '08 120D, Black Sapphire
Retrofitted: Prof. HU, MULF2 + USB + Bluetooth, PDC Front and Back, Logic 7, Xenon front, black lines back.
To Go: Electric Heated seats, 335D engine + exhaust + gearbox + diff, sport brakes and suspension.

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Webasto car heater

Post by Nottsknots » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Not directly applicable, but might help in the absence of anything else; all the main components will be the same, just likely to be differences in locations and wiring colours.

http://etk.bmwsar.ru/eba_docs/4915en.pdf

Might also be useful:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21307

Where do you live? Somewhere towards the Arctic Circle?

I had one in my 5er - it was brilliant whilst it worked, but very difficult to replace the remote control receiver when that failed. I cant imagine fitting the other parts will be any easier.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Webasto car heater

Post by MichalS » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Nottsknots wrote:

Where do you live? Somewhere towards the Arctic Circle?
Where i live it is not unusual to have -20C during winter and snow all over the car. Unfortunately have just 1 garage for 2 cars and BMW is the one staying outside.

I saw these links before. Informative but still not sure where the burner unit goes in 1series (behind fog lamp?) and how to connect to water and fuel circuits. Used burners are pretty cheap on ebay. Just need to collect other parts.

Edit: I'm looking into remote engine start as well. Anybody know any dealers / products in europe?
E82 '08 120D, Black Sapphire
Retrofitted: Prof. HU, MULF2 + USB + Bluetooth, PDC Front and Back, Logic 7, Xenon front, black lines back.
To Go: Electric Heated seats, 335D engine + exhaust + gearbox + diff, sport brakes and suspension.

Return to “How To's”