DI water vessel

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Supshon
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

DI water vessel

Post by Supshon »

I’m thinking of buying a DI water vessel for the final rinse after washing my car , being a black car it dries with water marks If I don’t dry It with micro fibre drying towels, dabbing them on the paint , the car has been ceramic coated , what would be the best size to get and how long should it last , I’m hoping I can rinse it off and leave to dry without touching it
BMW M140i 2019 sapphire black , BMW E30 325i Sport Mtech 2 Diamantschwarz metallic

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: DI water vessel

Post by moulin12 »

I5.4, with MB-115

https://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

Anything bigger becomes a bit unmanageable to lug/refill. Some folks put two inline.

In this sort of weather, you may find that rinsing as you do your hand wash (after any pre-wash) is the best way.
F22 M240i 8AT
R1200GS TEx
CRF250L

TomTomNavajo

Post by TomTomNavajo »

Another option...I rinse my car with 15ml of dishwasher rinse aid in a watering can. Then dry with a large microfibre cloth...

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 »

moulin12 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:13 am
I5.4, with MB-115

https://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

Anything bigger becomes a bit unmanageable to lug/refill. Some folks put two inline.

In this sort of weather, you may find that using the DI to rinse as you do your hand wash (after any pre-wash) is the best way.
F22 M240i 8AT
R1200GS TEx
CRF250L

Autosri
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Autosri »

I’ve just bought a 6.6l one at the beginning of the month so can’t comment on the longevity but I have really hard water round my way and the water spot are reduculous.

It works really well to be fair I still go over it and dry it mostly but you don’t have to go mad with it as the small stuff just vanishes
The biggest benifit is it makes it far more chilled to do as normally you can’t even finish rinsing the car before the other side has Started to dry now you can wander round the car at your leisure

danb21t

Post by danb21t »

I purchased a 24L DI vessel a few years ago. It's quite large. I just use it all the time pre and post wash, probably a little bit wasteful but I haven't noticed any water spots. Saying that, I went looking for my TDS meter yesterday but couldn't find it. People suggest that the resin needs replacing every 12-18months.
M240i

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”