Depo v2 & HID install

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

rockford22
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Depo v2 & HID install

Post by rockford22 »

So, my kit is fitted. First off the bumper is quite easy to remove, the pain is the teeth and prying them apsrt but a wooden spatula did the trick. All relatively straightforward although I cleverly forgot to switch the motors over so I ended up doing tbe entire install twice.

Results: the angel eyes look awesome, adds so much to the look of the front end. They do flicker for the first few seconds which is a tad annoying and perhaps the only give away to them being a cheap aftermarket product. Now the HID kit basically doesn't work on my setup...the light flickers on and off so ive emailed car mod shop for an error cancellor, therefore, ive been forced to use my halogen bulbs in the interim. Light output isn't actually horrendous but im finding the light cut off point is very low, its far from ideal!

2018 Seat Cupra 300 DSG
Previous:
2011 Z4 35i DCT
2004 645Ci Auto
2010 123d Coupe
2010 Z4 35i DCT
2003 Z4 3.0i Manual

zahra.yz

Post by zahra.yz »

Wobble wrote:
Jwaddell116 wrote:Hope this helps make your mind up Image ImageImageImage
Hi bud what are you running in your indacator? Cheers x

rockford22
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by rockford22 »

Update from my end. I have just been to an MOT test centre and had my headlights aligned - I had tried myself against a wall but despite my efforts they were off the scale in every respect. All is well now so this is a 100% requried step to anyone considering doing this mod!

The guy was very friendly and we chatted about regulations r.e HID, as far as he is concerned for it to pass they just need to be correctly aimed, he agreed it was a grey area but actually commented that they looked good and had seen similar ones in the past and would have no issue passing them.

I've still got halogens in at the moment, will take a photo when it is dark to give people an idea how bad (or not) the light output is on aligned DEPOs with Halfords (I know..needed them quickly!) "Super Bright" bulbs.
2018 Seat Cupra 300 DSG
Previous:
2011 Z4 35i DCT
2004 645Ci Auto
2010 123d Coupe
2010 Z4 35i DCT
2003 Z4 3.0i Manual

Jwaddell116

Post by Jwaddell116 »

Looking good mate! Yeh wort getting them aligned for peace of mind. What plate is your car? I've never experienced any flickering at all. HID kit is also fine on 10 plate. Keep us posted on the HID kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 »

rockford22 wrote:Update from my end. I have just been to an MOT test centre and had my headlights aligned - I had tried myself against a wall but despite my efforts they were off the scale in every respect. All is well now so this is a 100% requried step to anyone considering doing this mod!

The guy was very friendly and we chatted about regulations r.e HID, as far as he is concerned for it to pass they just need to be correctly aimed, he agreed it was a grey area but actually commented that they looked good and had seen similar ones in the past and would have no issue passing them.

I've still got halogens in at the moment, will take a photo when it is dark to give people an idea how bad (or not) the light output is on aligned DEPOs with Halfords (I know..needed them quickly!) "Super Bright" bulbs.
Make sure you have a CANBUS HID Kit.

Radicalry00
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Radicalry00 »

Which HID kit did you go for from Car Mod Shop? I've got some Depo V2 but unsure as to which HID kit to get? Is the same one you'd buy for the V1?

Wobble
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Wobble »

Jwaddell116 wrote:Hi everyone thought I would share my experience installing my depo v2's and 6k hid kit.
Depos were bought from ad tuning for a decent price. HID from carmodshop. Depos only took 3 days from Germany which was great.
Anyway here they are. Pics don't do them justice a lot whiter in real life.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Light output is a lot better over standard, overall very easy to install with no issues. Thanks for
Looking guys [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Josh
Hi buddy you got the Internet addres for where you purchased your headlights,trying to see if they do them for a 3 series x

jgalea324
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jgalea324 »

Jwaddell116 wrote:Hi everyone thought I would share my experience installing my depo v2's and 6k hid kit.
Depos were bought from ad tuning for a decent price. HID from carmodshop. Depos only took 3 days from Germany which was great.
Anyway here they are. Pics don't do them justice a lot whiter in real life.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Light output is a lot better over standard, overall very easy to install with no issues. Thanks for
Looking guys [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Josh
The colour sure is white but the light output seems to be poor as the amount of road being illuminated according to your pic is a very short distance. My Philips X-treme Vision 130% show a fair bit more than that
2010 E87 123d Msport - BMWP Body Kit, Front E9x M3 LCAs, Powerflex rear inserts, E81 chassis brace, Brembo brakes, 280 bhp/480nm torque (BMWP IC/DPF Delete) - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

BMWilluminati
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by BMWilluminati »

Awesome find for the price I have been watching couple sets on ebay a bit more expensive than these, few questions though.
1. Are they V1s or V2s? (Assuming V1s)
2. Did you have to fit auto level motor or do they come with them?
3. Have you got halogen bulbs or HID kit, if you got HID kit what exact one have you used?

Help would be appreciated, cheers buddy.
118D with stuff done
My progress thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=75479

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 »

BMWilluminati wrote:Awesome find for the price I have been watching couple sets on ebay a bit more expensive than these, few questions though.
3. Have you got halogen bulbs or HID kit, if you got HID kit what exact one have you used?

1. The car that jwaddell116 quoted has Depo V2's.
2. You take the motor out of your original halogens and fit them into these, it's quite easy to do. They twist out of their mounting on the headlight bracket, have a small plug you need to remove and then you need to pop out the ball from it's socket on the whole halogen assembly.
3. Again the car that jwaddell116 quoted has HID's from carmodshop. They're H7 fitment IIRC.

BMWilluminati
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by BMWilluminati »

Sonic1506 wrote:
BMWilluminati wrote:Awesome find for the price I have been watching couple sets on ebay a bit more expensive than these, few questions though.

1. The car that jwaddell116 quoted has Depo V2's.
2. You take the motor out of your original halogens and fit them into these, it's quite easy to do. They twist out of their mounting on the headlight bracket, have a small plug you need to remove and then you need to pop out the ball from it's socket on the whole halogen assembly.
3. Again the car that jwaddell116 quoted has HID's from carmodshop. They're H7 fitment IIRC.

Legend cheers mate!
118D with stuff done
My progress thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=75479

Jwaddell116

Post by Jwaddell116 »

Been a while since I've been on this, setup still going strong with no problems for
Anyone who is thinking about doing it

droptop09

Post by droptop09 »

I realise this is an old thread but just in case any one else has the condensation problem, try this, silica gel! Yeah the little bags of stuff you get in electrical equipment, it’s there to stop moisture! So get a bag, tie some string to it and put the bag in the back of the light leaving the sting outside the light and replace cover leave string out so as to remove the bag if you have too, works a treat.
This was the method I used on my E46 to stop the xenons filling with condensation.

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”