LED bulbs.

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Chris5188
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: LED bulbs.

Post by Chris5188 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:35 am

Coded this at the weekend xxxcorps and worked like a charm cheers for the list :)

Code the FEM BODY FDL then move onto the REM, I deactivated all the cold and warm monitoring tabs and activated all the LED bulb activation.

Once REM was done coded that afterwards and well.... :spotman:
'65 M135i LCI 3Dr Estoril Blue - Sports Auto, Pro Nav, Drivers Comfort, Sun Protection, Harman Kardon

Better asking what it does not have fitted.

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Must have missed something.. Still get a flashing reverse bulb...

Couldn't find anything valid under Fem_body
Changed under rem as above the warmcheck to nicht_activ & werte 00, and is_led to activ and werte 01...

All written okay and verified but still it flashes on warm check...

Must be doing something wrong.. Searched everywhere for rfs (which i believe is for reverse light).. Didn't want to mess with dualsp and load dump settings as these didn't seem relevant, but all others i think i have coded correctly..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Chris5188 wrote:Coded this at the weekend xxxcorps and worked like a charm cheers for the list :)

Code the FEM BODY FDL then move onto the REM, I deactivated all the cold and warm monitoring tabs and activated all the LED bulb activation.

Once REM was done coded that afterwards and well.... :spotman:
Great news and more than welcome!
2018 BMW M140i Shadow Edition, Sport Auto, Sapphire Black, Black with Blue Stitching, High Gloss Black interior, Heated Seats, Memory Seats, Reverse Camera

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm

bart67 wrote:Must have missed something.. Still get a flashing reverse bulb...

Couldn't find anything valid under Fem_body
Changed under rem as above the warmcheck to nicht_activ & werte 00, and is_led to activ and werte 01...

All written okay and verified but still it flashes on warm check...

Must be doing something wrong.. Searched everywhere for rfs (which i believe is for reverse light).. Didn't want to mess with dualsp and load dump settings as these didn't seem relevant, but all others i think i have coded correctly..

These are definitely in FEM_BODY in both a 2016 F21 and a 2012 F20. Which ones exactly are still flickering that you have swapped out?

FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Left LED bulb
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Right LED bulb
2018 BMW M140i Shadow Edition, Sport Auto, Sapphire Black, Black with Blue Stitching, High Gloss Black interior, Heated Seats, Memory Seats, Reverse Camera

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Im only trying to get an LED reverse light working, nothing else..
On a Nov build 2013 M135i...

Any ideas more than welcome, ive reached the end of my understanding on this one... Thought i only needed to turn off warm check and enable the is_led, but there must be another hidden parameter somewhere that needs changing, darned if i can find it....

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm

You've missed doing KALTUEBERWACHUNG (cold check) to nicht_activ...

Each bulb set has 3 settings that need to be edited; one set of three for each side as follows:

KALTUEBERWACHUNG (Cold monitor). Set to nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG (Warm monitor). Set to nicht _active

IS_LED. Set to activ

So do each L & R item in REM as follows:
e.g. BL_L & BL_R

SL2
BL
BFD
NSL
RFS

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Might be my misunderstanding then, i thought cold check was only for when u first start (ignition on) and warm check was a constant poll at circa 5min duration..

I left cold check on as i wanted a notification if the bulb was out when i first start the car..

From your reply it seems i have to turn off all checks (cold & warm) to stop the flickering when the car is on.. Is this correct?

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:01 pm

bart67 wrote:From your reply it seems i have to turn off all checks (cold & warm) to stop the flickering when the car is on.. Is this correct?
Absolutely. Don't forget; you've told the car there's an LED bulb present so it'll let you know if it's out. Sorry I can't be more precise on which the reserve bulb setting is. I'd just go through each one until you find it. Probably when you do; post on here for whoever does this after you.
Try the RFS one first maybe...

Feeps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Feeps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am

xxxcorps wrote:Coding
When we meet up in a few weeks I may take a cable off you and software and have a go myself at this kinda thing for when I do swap out to led bulbs. I'm a .net and Python developer so I should be able to get my head around this coding malarkey easy enough, will pester you about it in a few weeks, pick up car March 1st and andy235 and myself will come see you.
535D M Sport LCI - 3.0L N57D30T1 | 313PS | 630NM
Spec - Glacier Silver | Auto | M Sport Plus | Pro Media | VDC | Folding Mirrors | Adaptive Headlights | Electric Seats | Lumbar Support | Reversing Camera | Powered Bootlid | Load Through

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

No problem at all; you'll breeze it.

Dan123d
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dan123d » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:52 pm

I've done the same to the rear stop + tails. Front sidelights and fog lights, It's like a disco when my car starts up lol.

leeshez
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by leeshez » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED. I can advise where to look if you have a cable / E-Sys etc. If you're North-West based near to Preston I can do it for you.
Lee if you're free this Saturday I can sort it for you; you have my number...
Hi mate, do you have the code for the front dipped head light bulbs? I have added led bulbs and it has error code bulb fault.
Thanks Lee.
118D, estoril blue, black dakota leather,

xxxcorps
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by xxxcorps » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Leave it with me; I'll see if I can find it.

leeshez
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by leeshez » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:06 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Leave it with me; I'll see if I can find it.
Dont worry about it. I have put them in and a error warning message did come up. Whilst driving they dont seem to light up the road like the standard bulb, maybe i have bought cheap bulbs. So i have changed them back to the 1st set i put in.
118D, estoril blue, black dakota leather,

oliverpool

Post by oliverpool » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Could I check if u can indicate which option is for which bulb? I have installed only in the rear leds for reverse, brakes and turning amber lights.

xxxcorps wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm
You've missed doing KALTUEBERWACHUNG (cold check) to nicht_activ...

Each bulb set has 3 settings that need to be edited; one set of three for each side as follows:

KALTUEBERWACHUNG (Cold monitor). Set to nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG (Warm monitor). Set to nicht _active

IS_LED. Set to activ

So do each L & R item in REM as follows:
e.g. BL_L & BL_R

SL2
BL
BFD
NSL
RFS

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”